HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Exercise & Fitness (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/exercise-fitness/)
-   -   Need Some Help in Toning Tips (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/exercise-fitness/932884-need-some-help-toning-tips.html)

renroz 12-24-2012 10:27 PM

Need Some Help in Weight Loss

what are best tips for fast weight loss?

elena6016 01-16-2013 10:24 AM

Re: Need Some Help in Toning Tips

Running up the stairs -Don’t forget to breathe and keep good form without slouching!

Squats -Raise your toes as you squat to activate your glutes (butt muscles).

Drink Water -Keep tumblers of water in every room of the house. That way, it’s always available to you.

Mountain Climbers -Don’t rest in between. Keep your heart pumping! Do this exercise a few times a week.

clara790 01-22-2013 06:31 PM

try this P90X Workout might just work for you :D

FitRunner 01-27-2013 08:43 AM

Re: Need Some Help in Weight Loss

[QUOTE=renroz;5108585]what are best tips for fast weight loss?[/QUOTE]

The best way to lose weight is to cut back on [I]how much you eat.[/I] It's that simple. You can exercise yourself to death, but if you are eating too much you won't lose weight.

Nicole K 02-09-2013 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=renroz;5108585]what are best tips for fast weight loss?[/QUOTE]

Burning more calories than you take in.

Keep healthy snacks readily avaible in your fridge...cut up veggies, fruit, almonds, etc. Drink lots of water.

Be active in your daily life....you don't need a gym (unless you need it as a motivator).
Take the stairs; skip a step when you take stairs; park farther from the mall, cut the grass with a push mower; shovel snow (great for abs, legs, arms and butt); skate (in line or ice). There is so much more you can do....find what interests you and do it.

Also, I believe weight lifting and weight bearing exercises will produce the best results for a lean, strong, toned body.
Also, wieght bearing exercises are SO important for women especially as you age to stave off osteoporosis and for good bone density.

It's not about fast easy weightloss, it's about proper weight loss that you will keep off for good....

adam704 04-10-2013 05:02 AM

Kettle bell training great for weight loss and toning up, I lost a stone over six weeks. Check it out on you tube.

lenvegas 04-10-2013 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=fannyadams;5159887]Kettle bell training great for weight loss and toning up, I lost a stone over six weeks. Check it out on you tube.[/QUOTE]

Hi, what is a stone?.........a kidney stone?

Nicole K 04-10-2013 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=lenvegas;5159948]Hi, what is a stone?.........a kidney stone?[/QUOTE]

I believe a "stone" is a measurement of weight in the UK...don't know what it is equivalent to in lbs or kgs, but could look it up on the internet.

Stephanieing 04-10-2013 11:42 PM

Cardio will blaze fat. So everything like running, cycling, swimming. Push manually super hard during cardio.

AnnaBee75 04-10-2013 11:43 PM

Burning more calories than you take in, definitely. How will you do it? Only you have an answer to that question. Look up honestly into your eating and exercising habits and incorporate changes that you can commit to. Avoid fattening foods, cut the food intake and add up physical activities. Sounds easy? I know.

Stephanieing 04-15-2013 10:50 PM

1. Snack, but smartly
2. Step on the scale daily
3. Sculpt three times a week
4. Eat a big, balanced breakfast
5. Have fruit twice a day
6. Stay asleep longer

Nicole K 04-16-2013 03:56 PM

I personally wouldn't recommend "stepping on the scale daily" unless you are morbidly obese and trying to reach a goal weight. Even then, it's questionable (daily weighing).

Don't get caught up in numbers...your weight will naturally fluctuate, throughout the month, especially for women who are menstruating. You will tend to retain more water and be a little more bloated at that time of the month and probably go up a 1/2 lb to a lb. Not a big deal. Once you reach a weight that is suitable for your body, your weight will naturally stabilize and it will be very hard to lose more weight without severe restriction and over doing it with exercise.

Lots of great advice and tips here. You will feel your clothes getting looser as you drop the weight.