It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
(male)

vascrypt HB User
im 21 and have injuries that prevent me from doing some workouts.

I broke my left wrist 2 years back and it got completely messed up and i lost most of my range of motion, so i cant bend my wrist back for push ups. And i don't wanna work my right arm out and have it get big and my left arm stay small. Also i have no meniscus in my right knee and my left knee is messed up from being in the military.

I can still run fine it just hurts a lot afterwards. I would really like some ideas for upper body workouts. What are some work outs i can do to get in shape with out being in pain?

Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
(male)

GymRat HB User
Re: im 21 and have injuries that prevent me from doing some workouts.

If you can grip a bar you can work your upper body easily, push ups can be done holding a bar, etc.
What can your wrist do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
(male)

GymRat HB User

If you can grip a bar you can work your upper body easily, push ups can be done holding a bar, etc.
What can your wrist do?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

FitRunner HB User

I also broke my right wrist two years ago. I am 56 years old, so I know you can do what I did. I was casted from my finger tips to my bicep for 6 weeks and then in a splint for another month. My break was pretty severe.

As soon as the cast came off, I went for occupational therapy 5 days a week. It was intense and painful, but I finally did regain my range of motion and grip strength. I don't think it's too late for you to try some therapy to regain these yourself. You are awfully young to just give up on your wrist.

As far as push ups, I can now do them fine on my wrist, but when I was rehabbing, I used push up handle bars to keep my wrist straight. I still use them on days when I'm doing a lot of push ups at once.

How is your grip? Can you hold a dumbbell? I couldn't hold one for about 4 months, but slowly worked back up to where I am now able to curl a dumbbell and a barbell as heavy as before (For me that's 40 lbs.) I think you're going to have to experience some pain with therapy before you make any gains.

Good luck!

Closed Thread