It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
How to rid belly fat?

I never had belly fat in my life...I have a T 12 compression fracture and I need help getting back to my target weight of 135 from 170? I need help.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: How to rid belly fat?

cut down on your carbs, like bread and pasta. It did wonders for me!

The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpotato13 For This Useful Post:
Jess75 (08-09-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Ameritech HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess75 View Post
I never had belly fat in my life...I have a T 12 compression fracture and I need help getting back to my target weight of 135 from 170? I need help.
Cutting down belly fat really does come down to what you put in your mouth. Clean eating can really help you get rid of belly fat. I did a clean eating challenge for 21 days with no exercise and i lost 10 lbs. It really showed me that it really does matter how you fuel your body.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #4
(female)

marci285 HB User

The belly is where I started gaining weight. I did a detox juicing diet for the first week. This is cleaning out your system. You can now buy a juicer cheap. I had beets, hand full of parsely, carrots, apple and lemon. Beets are a miracle vegetable.
I then joined a gym. You first need to change your diet because if you exercise and eat like crap, you won't lose weight. Since it appears you have an injury, consult your doctor about working out and what you can and cannot do.
I bought a ten pound workout ball an do sit-ups daily. It takes time but you can do it. I now juice daily and feel so much better.

Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to marci285 For This Useful Post:
geetme (07-01-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
(female)

treepen HB User

If you cut out all flour and sugar, and stick to foods that are close to source - not processed - you've cut out a lot of the bad stuff right there. A thin friend told me to divide my plate - half veggies, 1/4 starch (potato, sweet potato, rice) 1/4 protein. a fruit. Pretty good formula. Not too many snacks and lots of water. Stay away from the artificial sweeteners! unhealthy and they make me hungrier and they are addictive. Good luck!

Old 06-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
(male)

jhon2013 HB User
Cool Re: How to rid belly fat?

Hi ,
You should be try to eat this foods it's help to build muscle and lose fat .

1. Whole Eggs
2. Fish Oil
3. Wild Salmon
4. Berries
5. Yogurt
6. Flax Seeds
7. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8. Mixed Nuts
9. Red Meat
10. Broccoli
11. Spinach
12. Turkey
13. Quinoa. South American "king of grains"
14. Oats
15. Tomatoes
16. Oranges
17. Apples
18. Carrots
19. Water
20. Green Tea

enjoy

Old 07-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #7
(male)

whitestone1 HB User

Hey you have a great food chart its really helpful to rid belly fat.. But according to my experience exercise also very necessary to with this if you really want to rid your belly fat.. Permanently.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
(female)

Terra835 HB User

I eat Whole Eggs,Berries,Broccoli,Spinach,Tomatoes,O ranges and carrots all of the time and I've only lost one pound, I also take Fish Oil every day and I drink water also

Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Thank you everyone. I am just getting over a bout of depression. I've been on Zoloft due to a crisis in my life and I believe it made me lazier, although I don't eat much at all. However I don't let myself go hungry without eating...but it's not much. Right now I'm starting to just do yoga and weight training till I build myself up to cardio...I just can't seem to get myself to do it. But I think I will once I get my body moving again. I only lost 3 pounds but wasn't consistent in my routine. Thank you for the ideas and support. I'm determined this time. I will incorporate cardio soon. Besides from not moving so long, I'm sure that I will tone up and lose SOME weight. And we usually hit a plateau anyways so once that occurs and I see results I think that will motivate me. I don't know if Zoloft has an additional impact or not...thanks

Old 08-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess75 View Post
Thank you everyone. I am just getting over a bout of depression. I've been on Zoloft due to a crisis in my life and I believe it made me lazier, although I don't eat much at all. However I don't let myself go hungry without eating...but it's not much. Right now I'm starting to just do yoga and weight training till I build myself up to cardio...I just can't seem to get myself to do it. But I think I will once I get my body moving again. I only lost 3 pounds but wasn't consistent in my routine. Thank you for the ideas and support. I'm determined this time. I will incorporate cardio soon. Besides from not moving so long, I'm sure that I will tone up and lose SOME weight. And we usually hit a plateau anyways so once that occurs and I see results I think that will motivate me. I don't know if Zoloft has an additional impact or not...thanks
Yes a common complaint with Zoloft and other similar medications is weight gain which can be overcome with cardio .Really, the trick is rather than a weight loss goal is to change your body from a fat storing machine to a fat burning machine. All three things you mentioned, yoga, weight training and cardio will accomplish this if all three are done..

Old 09-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
(male)

Living still HB User

One thing that my trainer and subsequently my dietician were very quick to point out is that the idea that we can reduce body fat in specific locations at will is false. The body reduces fat where it chooses to and how. Everyone is different. What I was told is that diet accounts for 50% of your body fat. 30% is exercise, 15% is rest and 5% is genetics. That would mean that for most of us the issue is what we eat. What I have seen is exactly that although the more I work out the more energy I have and therefore (I think) higher metabolic rate. Interesting to note that yes, weight training does effect body fat but HIIT training does much more for that than anything.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
(male)

Living still HB User

Oh. One thing I forgot to point out in that is that most medications are actually toxins in one respect or another. Toxins are known to slow metabolic rates. Antidepressants are especially known for being guilty of that. Lowered metabolic rates dramatically affect body fat content and maybe more than any one thing. People often cite that "most folk's" bodies react a certain way to whatever but those "most folks" are not folks with the same or necessarily similar set of conditions as you. The gauge has to account for those variables as well. I have spent over a year trying to rebuild my bodies metabolic rate so as to have it keep the body fat under control by itself like it did when I was younger. Also working out increases the bodies production of things like Testosterone and Serotonin. Both of those are known to greatly affect our positive/negative state of mind. I am no doctor and it is my guess that some people don't produce enough of those kinds of things on their own no matter what but creating them on your own is usually better than chemically adding them. Especially when you consider that the chemical addition methodology comes with a host of other toxins which work against things like metabolism.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #13
(male)

Living still HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pion View Post
Don't eat sweets, bread and fatty food.
Totally, Every pro I have ever spoke was very quick to point to diet first. Diet can affect mood, metabolism and how our body uses what we eat directly. We need to start there because that is the most common cause of recent history. That said our bodies are designed to be fairly resilient and should compensate for some irregularity all on their own. My experience is that "The Pro's" beat us up about what we eat enough already. We should know how to eat from this constant bombardment by now. Note the compensating thing here. This shouldn't have to be a precision task! If it is our bodies are not compensating are they? Why? How else does that affect us? Barring diet being wrong there are other things that could either be causing or greatly exacerbating the problem. Those things need to be considered and not predeterminately discarded as well.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #14
(male)

fizzcontent HB User

I recommend you being active. Be active as much time as possible. That is very very important. And do not eat after 6 PM or eat something really light.
In a fortnight or 3 weeks you will realize that you do not want to eat after 6 PM. That comes from nowhere.
Of course you need to stick to your guns and be strong.
Good luck.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

It all comes down to taking in less calories and exercising more.

There is no magic pill, etc....

Best to lose it slowly. Most quick weight loss is just water loss.

Best of luck...

Reply Reply