It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
(male)

Aaron2011 HB User
Lightbulb Ingrown Toenails/ Push Ups etc

Hi - I'm attempting to lose some weight caused by certain meds (Seroquel mainly). I've lost one and a half stone already but the only exercise I do is walk. Because I have ingrown toenails on each foot, with bruising, for which I'm currently awaiting surgery, my choice of exercise is limited.

One of the things that helped me get in shape years ago was doing pushups - but I can't do the conventional ones because of my foot problem. Are there any not-too demanding alternative styles I could do, or any other exercises such as this that could help me strengthen/tone up? As far as cardio - I certainly can't run but I'm not sure about exercise bikes - my nails are very sensitive and any wrong movment sets them off. I'm 14 st 3 ATM @5'7.5.

Many Thanks - Aaron.

Last edited by Aaron2011; 06-28-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Ingrown Toenails/ Push Ups etc

Hi Aaron, an alternative push up method is to lie on the ground like a regular push up and bend your legs up so the pressure is on your knees. It is not as difficult this way and you will be doing more but it is still quite effective. Also if you take Seroquel before bed do not eat anything a few hours before you take it because Seroquel slows the metabolism. All the best......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
(male)

Aaron2011 HB User
Re: Ingrown Toenails/ Push Ups etc

Thanks - I'll try that out.

Closed Thread