It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2003, 04:34 PM   #1

Greg99 HB User
Question White soft bump on white of eye

The subject title really says it all. I have this soft white bump, no larger in diameter than a pin head, with a couple blood vessel going away from it that sometimes bothers me but for the most part is not annoying. Having looked at pterygium photos, I honestly do not believe that is what I have. Any suggestions? I'm almost have tempted to stick something sharp in it to see what happens. Maye it is just a pimple - if that is possible. Thanks!!

Old 11-08-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
Inactive

Jen2003 HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg99
The subject title really says it all. I have this soft white bump, no larger in diameter than a pin head, with a couple blood vessel going away from it that sometimes bothers me but for the most part is not annoying. Having looked at pterygium photos, I honestly do not believe that is what I have. Any suggestions? I'm almost have tempted to stick something sharp in it to see what happens. Maye it is just a pimple - if that is possible. Thanks!!
Hi - I think what you might be describing is something called a "pingueculum" or "pinguecula". I bet if you do a search on the internet, you'd be able to find a lot of information. Good luck!

P.S. I don't know if I'd stick anything sharp in my eye just to see what happens! Maybe you could make an appointment to see your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2003, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
pinguecula

Yes, it sounds like a pingueclua to me too. You should definitely make an appointment to see an ophthalmologist. Please, PLEASE do not stick ANYTHING in your eye, EVER!!!!!!

Old 11-11-2003, 02:00 PM   #4
(female)

meliny HB User
re: pinguecula

check out this thread....

[url]http://med-aapos.bu.edu/publicinfo/store5/Pingueculasurgery7.56PM.html[/url]

Its got pinguecula info, plus messages from people who have had surgery to remove the ping.I've got one in each eye, the left is slightly worse than the right, but they don't bother me (once in a while my eye gets a bit red).

The only way to remove them is surgery, but I suggest using some of the techniques/advice people have posted in order to prevent more from occurring.

Closed Thread