It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2003, 03:41 PM   #1

Deyala HB User
Contact solution as eye drops?

I wear contacts, and it is often to get them out(suction-cup effect)when I get home because my eyes are dry. I usually drop Renu contact solution or Opti-Free Express in my eyes to loosen the contacts. Question: Is this bad for my eyes, is the solution too strong to be used as eye drops, and, if so, what can I use instead when I have my contacts in? Can I use Visine in my eyes when I'm wearing the contacts?

Thanks for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2003, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Re: Contact solution as eye drops?

Are you talking about putting the cleaning solution in your eyes? I can't imagine how that would be good. Why not just use rewetting drops? Rewetting drops are fine to put in your eyes. I also would not put regular tear drops in while you have the contacts in. But don't take my word for it. There are other people here who have more experience with contacts than I do. But please don't put the cleaning solution in your eyes unless it says it can be used that way.

Elyse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I agree....I wouldn't use that. But rewetting drops would be perfectly fine

Old 11-20-2003, 03:26 PM   #4

Deyala HB User

Thanks for y'alls advice, I won't use the over-night cleaning solution in my eyes anymore. Where do you find rewetting drops? Are they next to the contacts stuff in the store?

Old 11-20-2003, 10:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

Yes, they should be in the same aisle as the cleaning solution. They're made bu the same companies that make the cleaning solution. You'll see how much better your eyes will feel after you stop putting the cleaning solution in them!

Closed Thread