It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2003, 10:41 AM   #1

LuckyStar1 HB User
Question Morning Burning Sensation in Eyes

Two nights in a row I have experienced immense burning in my eyes right when I get out of the shower. My eyes water a lot and the burning lasts for about 1--2 minutes. After the burning goes away, my eyes feel fine. Anyone know what this is? Allergies? Being caused by the shower steam (I take hot showers) ? Any advice or ideas would be great! Thanx

Old 11-22-2003, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Re: Morning Burning Sensation in Eyes

I get burning when I am IN the shower. It may have something to do with the chemicals that are in your water. Contact whichever state or city agency regulates your water supply and ask them to send someone out to your house to check your water to make sure you are not getting levels of chlorine or other chemicals that are too high. You might want to invest in a shower head that has a filter on it.

I don't really think it has anything to do with the heat of the water or the temperature in your bathroom. Have you started doing anything new over the past few days that could be causing it? Like using a new soap or conditioner or shampoo in the shower? Even using a new detergent on the towel that you use to wipe your face could cause what you are describing. Or have you started cleaning your shower with anything new? Try to remember if you have changed anything or started doing something new over the last few days that could be causing the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread