It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2003, 08:34 AM   #1
(male)

FC HB User
Question Stye

My stye "pointed" this morning. It is located on my lower eyelid. Now it looks like a pimple with a white head. Is there anything I can do to expedite draining?

Thank you,
Frank

Old 12-22-2003, 02:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User
Re: Stye

They say not to pop it but I do. It is too painful to wait for it to drain on it's own. I popped mine and puss came out and I washed it real well with baby shampoo and hot water a few times.

If you don't want to pop it, warm comprsses will help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 05:11 PM   #3

LizzardLady HB User

I've put warm/hot black (regular) tea bags on my eye for as long as I could stand it, and then they sometimes pop on their own that way. If they didn't pop on their own with the tea compresses for a couple days, I would do it myself after it's been done with the tea. Good luck, it's been a while since I've had one (knock-on-wood).

Old 01-04-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC
My stye "pointed" this morning. It is located on my lower eyelid. Now it looks like a pimple with a white head. Is there anything I can do to expedite draining?

Thank you,
Frank
Hi Frank,
I used to suffer with styes a lot. I found that warm saline eye wash helped if I used it at the first sign of a stye. Are you around smoke or other air-born pollutants? I was raised in smoggy Los Angeles, and my father smoked cigars. I wear contact lenses. I have worn them since the late 80's, and I have not had any problems with styes. The saline solution I use for the contacts keep my eyes clean and trouble free.There are other remedies at any drug store these days. Just be sure you have something on hand to treat the stye when it is first noticed...

Closed Thread