It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2004, 12:01 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

novembre HB User
watering eye

For as long as I can remember, my left eye has always watered really easily. It's only my left eye, but it waters practically constantly almost every time I'm outside, moreso when it's cold and/or windy but it can happen in any weather. I know that eye-watering in cold/windy weather is normal, but this is pretty excessive and it's annoying because I'm afraid to wear eye makeup, and I'll have to keep wiping my eye with different parts of whatever I'm wiping it with because it gets so wet. I told my eye doctor about it a few years ago and he was just like, "yeah, your eyes are a little dry but there's nothing you can do about it." I was hoping for the magic cure, but alas.

Anyone else have this problem, and are you able to do something so that your eyes don't water every time you walk around outside?

Old 01-08-2004, 01:05 AM   #2
Inactive

rianny HB User
Re: watering eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by novembre
For as long as I can remember, my left eye has always watered really easily. It's only my left eye, but it waters practically constantly almost every time I'm outside, moreso when it's cold and/or windy but it can happen in any weather. I know that eye-watering in cold/windy weather is normal, but this is pretty excessive and it's annoying because I'm afraid to wear eye makeup, and I'll have to keep wiping my eye with different parts of whatever I'm wiping it with because it gets so wet. I told my eye doctor about it a few years ago and he was just like, "yeah, your eyes are a little dry but there's nothing you can do about it." I was hoping for the magic cure, but alas.

Anyone else have this problem, and are you able to do something so that your eyes don't water every time you walk around outside?
I have the same problem while walking around outside. My eyes are always tired and are in pain because of the dry eyes. When your eyes become constantly dry, what you would get is not only tears but also great pain. What bothers me a lot is that it's really embarrassing to walk around with eyes watering and facial expression as if I'm in great pain. Artificial eye drops don't really work for me. You should try them if you haven't.

I read there is pretty new eye drop that can actually cure dry eye syndrome, called Restasis, but I haven't tried it yet. I read that it takes long time to make it work and that it doesn't work for everybody.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2004, 09:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

novembre HB User
Re: watering eye

Well, I haven't had any pain from my eyes. I didn't even know I had a dry eye problem until my doctor said that's why it waters all the time. But yeah, the watering is really annoying. I'll look into eye drops, thanks.

Closed Thread