It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 11:10 AM   #1

tincat HB User
Goo and junk in eyes

I've been a semi-rigid contact lenses for over 20 years and never a problem, can't wear soft due to very poor astim.

My problem is that over the past few months, it takes me 10 minutes or more to clear the mucus and goo from my eyes. I've splashed water while in the shower, washed out my eyes while doing other things, make sure no lints in the eyebrows, etc. But still soon afer putting my lenses in, a few seconds later, I can feel something in my eyes, pop the lenses out, ans sure enough, it's either more soft goo, harden white dots, long stringy mucus, etc.

Various contact lenses solutions don't help, nor the eye drops of a dew kind.
Sometimes, tearing my eyes does not even help and it's real bad while driving.

I have noticed when I'm tired, it makes more of a cloudy film than before. I'm 50.

It's driving me nuts. There's been no change in diets, I'm fairly healthy, etc.

My eye doctor visit is set for 3 weeks and hope anyone else has this problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Re: Goo and junk in eyes

It sounds like your eyes are either dry or you are having allergies. I have severely dry eyes and very bad eye allergies, and I get that gross stringy white mucus all the time. There's really nothing that will make it go away for sure. You have to be careful that you don't scratch your corneas, since it is causing the contacts to move around. Just try to keep them extra lubricated. Maybe see if you can bump up the visit to the eye doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread