It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2004, 10:31 PM   #1

coley91 HB User
My sons right eye waters all the time!

I was wondering if any one else had problems with one of your eyes watering all the time. His eye isnt red or sore... and there is no puss or anything... just clear tears coming out of his one eye. Any suggestions of what this might be? We have an appointment in April with an eye doctor. Thanks for your time.

Nicole

Old 02-28-2004, 02:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User
Re: My sons right eye waters all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley91
I was wondering if any one else had problems with one of your eyes watering all the time. His eye isnt red or sore... and there is no puss or anything... just clear tears coming out of his one eye. Any suggestions of what this might be? We have an appointment in April with an eye doctor. Thanks for your time.

Nicole
Yes, quite possibly his tear duct is clogged. I know that sounds weird but tearing is the symptom of a clogged tear duct. Very easy to remedy. Just take him to the eye doc. All they have to do is examine it to verify, then use a simple tool to unclog it. Very easy and there is no discomfort. That's all! Then it should be over and his eye will stop tearing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2004, 02:30 PM   #3

coley91 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasunflower
Yes, quite possibly his tear duct is clogged. I know that sounds weird but tearing is the symptom of a clogged tear duct. Very easy to remedy. Just take him to the eye doc. All they have to do is examine it to verify, then use a simple tool to unclog it. Very easy and there is no discomfort. That's all! Then it should be over and his eye will stop tearing.
Could he still have a blocked tear duct even at the age of 5? I mean my doctor thought it probably was that... but I thought 5 was kind of old. Thanks

Nicole

Old 02-28-2004, 03:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Quote:
Could he still have a blocked tear duct even at the age of 5? I mean my doctor thought it probably was that... but I thought 5 was kind of old. Thanks

Nicole
Hi Nicole! Yes, he can! I was 22 years old when it happened to me. Let me know what you find out!

Old 02-28-2004, 04:20 PM   #5

coley91 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasunflower
Hi Nicole! Yes, he can! I was 22 years old when it happened to me. Let me know what you find out!
WOW!!! so... you just had tearing in one eye? It tears constantly. What did they do for you? What treatment. Thanks so much for the information. Makes me feel better.

Nicole

Old 02-29-2004, 07:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

It was very simple. The phys. examined my eye and informed me that I had a blocked tear duct. He explained that he would need to unclog it by using an instrument. It resembled a big paper clip that someone bent into a hooked shape. He told me to hold still while he poked the instrument into the corner of my eye. There was absolutely no discomfort at all. Because I was pregnant at the time, there was no administration of any sedatives or medications and it was absolutely unnecessary---so I don't know that medications would be given in any event. The procedure was so quick---the bat of an eye--and it was all over. He told me I would experience fluid running down my sinuses, and I did. That was all! It was simple and easy and your little boy should have no difficulty with the procedure! This was done by an EYE Doc at an HMO. There was instant relief and I've had no problems with my tear duct since then!

The sooner he is seen and has this remedied, the sooner he will feel better, and the tearing will stop! Hope all goes well! Let me know how it goes!

CaSun

Last edited by californiasunflower; 02-29-2004 at 07:13 AM.

Old 02-29-2004, 10:57 AM   #7

coley91 HB User

Thanks for the information. He has an appointment in April. Im happy to hear that the proceedure isnt that huge. My son has been going through a lot of stuff lately. Just dont want something else tramatic for him. Thanks so much... I will keep you posted on his eye!!!

Nicole

Old 03-03-2004, 07:15 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the information. He has an appointment in April. Im happy to hear that the proceedure isnt that huge. My son has been going through a lot of stuff lately. Just dont want something else tramatic for him. Thanks so much... I will keep you posted on his eye!!!

Nicole
Hi Nicole! Yes, it truly is a simple procedure and instant relief! Just let him know to sit real still for the doc to do the procedure that is absolutely painless and very, very quick! Keep me posted. Hope the little guy is okay!

Closed Thread