It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #1
(female)

squirrel2349 HB User
white spot on eye

As if having RCE in my right eye wasn't bad enough, I now have a problem with my left. I awoke yesterday morning with the eye feeling sore and strained. When I looked in the mirror it was quite bloodshot on one side and then I noticed a small white spot the size of a pinhead on the lower part of the brown part of my eye and the redness branches out from there. If I press on that spot with my lid, there is a twinge of pain and also when I blink and my lid passes over it feels irritated. Occasionally there is a quick twinge of pain like a pin sticking in. The vision seems OK but the white spot is concerning me and of course it is a weekend so doctors are not readily available and I'm trying to avoid the emergency room. Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?

Last edited by squirrel2349; 03-27-2004 at 08:09 AM.

Old 03-28-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
Inactive

Jen2003 HB User
Re: white spot on eye

Hi - is the white spot on the very edge of where the brown part and the white part of your eye meet, or is it mostly on the brown part of your eye? Is it more on the side toward your nose or your temple? And you said the white part of your eye is bloodshot and you're experiencing some pain? Some of the things I might suggest looking up on the internet are corneal and conjunctival cysts, pinguecula, pterygium, and nodule. That's all I can think of. If it's really bothering you, use some preservative-free artificial tears (but, you're probably already doing this since you have RCE). Okay, good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2004, 06:11 AM   #3
(female)

squirrel2349 HB User

Jen, the spot is on the brown part but very close to the edge where it meets the white of the eye on the side closest to the nose. The pain seems to occur when the lid rubs over the spot as it feels very tender. I've been using drops and cold packs for the past few days and this morning it seems a little better. The spot is less noticeable than before, although it is still there, and the redness has decreased but it is still tender. I have been on the internet checking symptoms but found nothing - I will try your suggestions to see if I have better luck in trying to figure out what this is. I did call an opthamologist on Saturday just for advice and he said it could possibly be a stye and that they can occur inside the eye and not just on the lids. I checked that on the internet and couldn't find anything except styes on eyelids.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:40 AM   #4
Inactive

Jen2003 HB User

Hi Squirrel - how is your eye doing? Is that painful bump getting any better? I hope you were able to figure out what it is. Good luck!

Closed Thread