It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2004, 02:26 AM   #1

thatonedude HB User
Sore, bloodshot eye...

A few days ago, I started getting an ache in my right eye. The ache heightens when I look rapidly in any direction. It just seems to be sore but my eye has been bloodshot pretty much all day the past couple of days. People keep telling me that I have pink-eye but there's absolutely no pus or discharge of any kind.

If it continues, I'll go to the doctor but my wife and I are without insurance right now and it would be QUITE hard to find a way to do this right now....

Just wondering if anybody has seen this type of activity in their eye[s].

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2004, 03:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User
Re: Sore, bloodshot eye...

Get an eye cup at the drug store and try bathing your eye in warm water several times per day. Twice daily wash your eyes including the lashes really well with baby shampoo. Use a soft face cloth. This will remove any debris that might be plugging up the eye lash folicles.

Try Visine and use as directed on the bottle, and see if that helps.

If you don't see an improvement in a few days, you really should get it looked at. It's your vision, and you don't want to end up injuring your eye or it's vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatonedude
A few days ago, I started getting an ache in my right eye. The ache heightens when I look rapidly in any direction. It just seems to be sore but my eye has been bloodshot pretty much all day the past couple of days. People keep telling me that I have pink-eye but there's absolutely no pus or discharge of any kind.

If it continues, I'll go to the doctor but my wife and I are without insurance right now and it would be QUITE hard to find a way to do this right now....

Just wondering if anybody has seen this type of activity in their eye[s].

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2004, 05:51 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

DGO1223 HB User
Re: Sore, bloodshot eye...

Do a search on Uveitis, and see if that sounds or looks anything like your problem. I had it, and it was dead on with your description, plus I had soreness upon eye movement, then later a red ring around my iris.

Do you by chance have any autoimmune type problems?

Katyana also had some good advice for you.

Donna

Closed Thread