It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 05:43 PM   #1

orourkem HB User
Question Blue spots

Hey guys

I have been seeing blue spots in my vision for about a year now. Only recently have they been really constant. I see floaters and black spots as well, but I never brought up the fact that I see blue spots, because I thought my Dr. would think I'm crazy.

Am I?
Is it stress? Anxiety? i know i have these things.

I have been medicated for migraines in the past. but these blue spots don't seem to go away so i don't see how they would be aura. one dr. said blue and black aren't much different so i shouldn't worry.

But i do worry because seeing blue spots doesn't seem normal and it drives me slightly nuts trying to act like they aren't there.

Erin

Old 04-20-2004, 07:46 PM   #2

Greenman438 HB User
Re: Blue spots

Do the blue spots block your vision? Do the black spots stay constant? Can you see through them? What you are describing sounds like scotomata. Here's a trick for ya. When you close one eye and look, you see a spot. Now do ther everse, do yuo see a blue spot in the same place? Either way, COLORED spots generally indicate a neurological problem. I think I often sound like a doomsayer, but I know a bit about this (not to be immodest). Since you have had these symptoms for a year now and the sky hasn't fallen, it probably isn't an emergency, and I agree it's probably related to your migraines, but possibly not. Either way, don't waste time going to a gp, get a referral to a neurologist, or better yet, a neuro-ophthalmologist. I highely suggest you do this at your earliest convenience...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
(female)

eyeoddity HB User
Re: Blue spots

erin, you are not crazy. i have been seeing a blue spot out of my right eye for nearly a year. i don't know what your's looks like, but mine is kind of like i just had my picture taken and the light has faded to that bright blue color. unlike a floater, it is fixed in one spot and moves only with my line of vision, and also unlike a floater, IT IS BLUE. honestly, there is a big difference between blue and black for me, and it sounds like that doctor was just trying to come up with some sort of answer.

i have been to both an opthamologist and a neuro-opthamologist: neither had any answers, and my recent mri which showed no visual signs of tumors, lesions, clots, annuerisms, infections, paricites, or anything else abnormal.

also interesting is this: a colleague of mine told me she also saw a blue spot, but for a much more abbreviated time. she saw her's after she had broken up with her boyfriend and spend hours upon hours crying. i don't know if her's is related, or if so, how, but it was a comfort to know that someone else as least knew what i was talking about!

Last edited by eyeoddity; 02-21-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Closed Thread