It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #1

File_On HB User
Black spots starting to bug me...

6-8 months ago I noticed a black spot in my right eye's field of vision. It moves right along with my eye just like a trailer would so I wrote it off and thought it would go away on it's own. Well, as you might have guessed, it hasn't. It remains and currently there are two smaller ones in my right eye as well as one in my left. I can't tell how long they've been around or if they've been a constant for some time like the original spot has been. When I try to focus on the original spot, it's just a small black spot with those clear/white little worm like trailers sticking out of it.

So are these just trailers or something else? And what can be done either way? I guess I should see an eye doctor soon but like many I'm squeemish when it comes to matters of the eye and I'm almost more afraid of finding out what is wrong and what can and can't be done rather than just putting up with this.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2004, 06:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: Black spots starting to bug me...

Sounds like a floater, anytime something like that happens you should go to your eyedoctor for a dialated exam to make sure your retina isn't torn - a torn retina is very easily fixed, but if you let it go and it progresses to a detached retina, then you have problems. It's only a 15% chance your retina would be torn, but with the eye, those odds are still too high to play around with. Do you or did you get any flashing lights proceeding this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2004, 06:51 PM   #3

File_On HB User

No, I've never had any flashes of light, no symptoms but these danged spots/floaters/things.

Old 06-10-2004, 07:01 PM   #4

720l HB User

I didn't think I saw flashes of light until I noticed them while looking at a white wall and moved my eyes. You may have them also.

Old 06-21-2004, 09:25 PM   #5

tiny25 HB User

It does sound like you have a floater. I've had one for about three years now.
It's really anoying at first, but you do eventually get used to it. You will need to see an optomitrist to diagnose it. They will put drops in to dialate your eye so they can get a better look. Make sure you have someone to drive you because you won't be able to see normally for 1-2 hours. Good luck

Old 06-23-2004, 12:52 AM   #6

raelani HB User
Smile Re: Black spots starting to bug me...

hey all....
i have the same problem. in my left eye a have a floater, i just got it right after i had my daughter, she is now 3 months, i didnt know if it had anything to do with the pregnancy, so when i went to the eye doctor he said it was just the normal age of the eye. im only 23...... how can my eye be ageing? this little thing is very annoying but it could have been worse, like a torn retina, so to answer your question, the eye doctor told me theses bothersom things are common, but go get just to make sure.....

Closed Thread