It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 07:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Pupil is sometimes slightly larger than the other

So I've noticed that the pupil in my right eye is sometimes a little bit larger than the other one. It reacts the same to light as the other one does, and it's only a small difference, but it sort of freaked me out. I used to work for an eye dr so I know that it can be a serious sign (like stroke) if one pupil is much larger than the other, and doesn't respond to light, just stays dialated. But mine is just a slight difference, and it responds fine like I said. Just wondering if anyone else has had this. And in fact, it's such a small difference, that I have only noticed it when I am looking closely in the mirror. I have told my husband about it, and he had to look really really close just to even begin to see it.

Old 07-11-2004, 05:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: Pupil is sometimes slightly larger than the other

Several things here - first of all, it could be Iritis... secondly maybe you always had that and never noticed it before (I've done that many times, then I freak out!) - and is the light that is shining on the mirror you are looking at, equidistant from both eyes? I noticed if I look in a mirror and the light is on the right side, that my right pupil is smaller, and I REALLY notice it in my cat! You wouldn't think that would make such a difference, but it does!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread