It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Black Kat HB User
blood vessel growth

My right eye has been red & irritated for a while. Today I went to my eye doctor & he said I have blood vessels growing on the iris. He gave me antibiotic drops & steroid drops to use for 20 days. Two months ago I used steroid drops for 7 days because of a lack of oxygen to my eye due to my contact. I go back & see him next week. Does anybody know if the blood vessels require special treatment other than the drops?

Old 10-04-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
(female)

hemiragtop HB User
Re: blood vessel growth

This may be attributed to other factors such as do you have a small fleshy growth in and around the blood vessels? If not, do you suffer from dry eyes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2004, 10:35 AM   #3

lulu04 HB User

I assume your doctor told you to stop wearing your contacts, at least for the time being if not permanently...right??

Old 10-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

Well my understanding of a "lack of oxygen" to the eye (ischemia) in serious eye conditions, like CRVO, can cause neo-vascularization--which is extra blood vessels that can cause glaucoma if not treated by laser surgery to remove them; however, this doesn't sound like this is your case---that you have neo-vascularization because that is a RED FLAG to the Eye MD and he would have scheduled you right away for surgery.

Closed Thread