It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

bindsanator HB User
intermittant blurry vision when walking

for approx the last year, i have had blurry vision upon walking/motion. it always goes away after i sit down for about 5-10 minutes, but comes back after i start moving again. its almost like looking through frosted glass. it was worse in the summertime. With this my balance goes a bit off and uneasy/unsure of my direction, sort of like you had just a little too much to drink. it doesnt tend to happen the minute i stand up, but only after walking for a few minutes.

fyi, i am a 26 year old female, caucasian, very healthy eater (practially vegetarian but get all the vitamins/iron etc.), not overweight, smoker of a few a day (but quit while this was going on and it didn't make a difference and i got so stressed i started again). casual drinker, never obscene.

i have been to the optometrist (only result = glasses for computers and reading), the gp (result = nothing), the opthamologist (result = nothing), the neuro-opthamologist (result = nothing). all of my blood tests are clear, blood sugar fine, no sign of ms/brain tumour according to the neuro-opth, but i have not yet had a CAT or MRI done. some of them believe me, but i think my gp thinks i'm making it up and all he wants to do is put me on antidepressants. sure i'm depresed, but only b/c no one will tell me what is wrong so i tend to think/entertain the worst.

i went to the acupuncturist a few weeks ago, who told me that my pulse was too slow and puts me on all this herbal medication taht i truly cannot afford to follow through. i tell my mom and she says that my dad's family has a history of low blood pressure.

it sounds very feasible that it is low blood pressure, but my doctorr said my blood pressure was low, but that that was good and i shouldn't worry. i went to the emergency room at the hospital (stupid and a waste of time, but i am desperate), where they said it was dead on normal. this was even when i was so stressed and upset (close to hyperventilating upset), which makes me wonder if they interpreted the results incorrectly.

i feel very vulnerable and unsafe when i walk around by myself, especially at night. it is making me seriously depressed, i cant work, i can't study, my relationships are suffering. i feel like no one will or can help me. please, if you know anyone or have heard of anything similiar to this, let me know. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2004, 06:16 AM   #2
Inactive

Torre HB User
Re: intermittant blurry vision when walking

Hello: I don't really have any useful info, but I couldn't resist replying to your post, since you said you were "never obscene". That's very admirable, but don't think it will help your vision

It does sound like a low blood pressure problem, since you also have some disorientation. Some other possibilities are, inner ear problem, thyroid problem, B-12 deficiency (which vegetarians are prone to). These three things can all affect the eyes, and the last two might not be conclusive on a standard blood test.

Do you have a blood pressure cuff at home? If not, you should get one and keep track of your pressure. They are cheap enough nowadays.

Hope you find the answer.

Torre

Closed Thread