It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2004, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

stormygirl HB User
Floaters,flashes,c shaped broken mirror

Man, I have had the floaters,,,flashes,,,,kelidascope images for 30 minutes then goes away...What the heck!!!!It is getting annoying,,,,,the opthamologist says ocular migraine (classic migraine)...no headache...It is scary as hell,,, let me say. I have seen bright light like i have looked at the sun but haven't. I have seen clear like threads...floaters...lol;; i guess you can say i have seen it all...I have woke up blind in one eye before and then it went away like 20 minutes later when i was like 21 and the opthamologist said ocular migraine...I had a bad headache the night before....I am wondering if my heart palps, an pvc's are related to this,,,could it all be stress.......I am a worry wart. wondering if anyone thinks the same,,or has had the same things happen..Or am I alone out there? So far I have panic attacks,,worry,,heart palps,,pvc's,,and vision problems obviously.. I do smoke and am on the pill for years.....Oh and has anyone looked up aspartame on the vision problems?????????any help would be great..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2004, 07:13 AM   #2
Inactive

Torre HB User
Re: Floaters,flashes,c shaped broken mirror

Hi Stormy: It sounds like a classic migraine aura you are having. Headache optional. There are different suspected triggers for migraines, or seemingly none at all. Let me explain the difference between a migraine aura and an ocular migraine. Aura is in both eyes (not in the eyes at all, in the brain) and is there with either eye shut. Ocular migraine is rare and does occur inside the eye--but only one eye.

One of these days I will get around to posting a new treatment for migraine--still in the testing stages, but shouldn't be long. It's a handheld, battery-operated gizmo that supplies a weak electrical current to the brain. This interrupts the cascading effect of the electrical signals spreading through the brain and is supposed to stop the migraine cold. Yep, now they think migraines start in a way similar to epilepsy.

Torre

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

stormygirl HB User

thank you torre....Mine do happen in both eyes i guess my brain....I have never had any seizures yet...Hope i never do lol...really anyway I wish i knew why i get these things....

Old 12-12-2004, 07:20 AM   #4
Inactive

Torre HB User

Yikes, I didn't mean you can get seizures--I meant there's an electrical cascade effect in the brain.

T.

Old 12-12-2004, 09:15 AM   #5
(female)

stormygirl HB User

opps lol; Thank God

Closed Thread