It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

Caraghk HB User
My vision is getting worse!

Hey everyone.. i know this is not a very important question or anything but all of you guys seem knowledgeable!

I thought I had ok vision and about 6 months ago we had an eye test at school and i passed fairly well with only slight difficulties in my left eye. But recently my eyesight has been getting blurry! The school boards and other distant things seem to be getting less clear and sort of grey around the edges! Also recently I tried on a friends weak long-distance glasses and they actually helped me to see better, but i am wondering.. how can my eyesight get like this so quickly, within 6 months?! and should i see an optician and get it checked out? Any help would be really great.. thanks!

Caragh

Old 12-24-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: My vision is getting worse!

That could definitely happen so quickly! Years ago (when I was about 26 or so) I was doing a lot of work on those old computers (you wouldn't remember them if you are young, the screen was green, the typing was green...) and within 2 months my eyes got noticeabley worse! I blamed it on that, but it could have just happened.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2004, 03:43 AM   #3
(female)

Caraghk HB User

So, i may need glasses?! Is there anything else it could be, and should I go and get my eyes checked out? I have not told anyone about this!!

Old 12-27-2004, 06:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

I don't understand the gray around the edges part - if it weren't for that, I'd say forget getting glasses unless you are having difficulty seeing the board (or if you drive...) sometimes straining to see will actually strengthen the eye muscles (but not straining so bad that you are getting headaches) - because of that "gray around the edges" thing you mentioned, I'd have that checked out (or do you mean if you just STARE at something it starts graying around the edges until you blink?) - that's normal)

Old 12-29-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
(female)

Caraghk HB User

I mean the outline of everything is less in focus so it sort of greys out.. the black text on the board looks like grey text, which is harder to see then black.. glasses make it turn black! Am I making sense? It hard to explain! But it is hurting my eyes!!

Old 01-01-2005, 02:56 PM   #6
(female)

Caraghk HB User

help.......

Old 01-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Then all that gray is, is a blurring up of the vision and the glasses sharpen it. If your eyes are hurting over this, then I'd suggest the glasses. That can't be any good (well, I don't think you'd HURT your eyes, but you'll be miserable - headaches will start and all)

Old 01-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #8
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Are you a teenager? If so, it's pretty common to get sudden bad vision. It's part of puberty for many people in your age group, alas. You probably need reading glasses.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

Other possibilities (besides needing glasses) could include early-onset cataracts and glaucoma. Please see a professional ASAP and let us know how you're doing.

If you do just need glasses, there are some really cute, light-weight, comfortable frames these days. You can get anti-reflective lenses so people won't have to look through a glare to make eye contact with you. Then there's contac lenses, including ones that enhance the color of your eyes.

Closed Thread