It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 06:04 PM   #1
(male)

livinNE HB User
Red veins in eyes won't go away

I posted a couple of things regarding eyes before about a sudden redness in my eye that has since gone but the red veins remain. I have looked around to see if there is any drops or something to get rid of them but have found nothing. It seems I have red veins in both of my eyes and a red spot on my left eye that won't go away either. These veins don't seem to have anything to do with vision loss or things like that but sometimes pain in my right eye where the big red blotch came the first time. I'm thinking it is from sinus issues i've been having but not so sure. I don't think it is normal to have these red veins all around my eyes and was just wondering if anyone knew what this was caused from and how to get rid of them. I can't seem to explain how these happened they all just seemed to show up one day. I do work on the computer all day but I doubt thats what its from.
Thanks

Old 02-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

kbawlz HB User
Re: Red veins in eyes won't go away

I can relate completely with your problem and I don't think it's related at all to vision or overall eye health. I also have really red veins on the white part of my eyes and I hate they way the look. One in particular seems to have become more red over the last year or so and doesn't appear to be going away. I haven't tried anything to treat them and wouldn't know where to begin. I'm kind of kicking myself because I just got new contacts and a thorough and eye exam and I never even thought to ask the optometrist about it and he never mentioned it during the exam and he said my eyes were perfectly healthy. Just this evening I was noticing how bright red the veins look and I wonder if it is somehow related to my contact lens use, because I wasn't noticing them as much while I was wearing my glasses. I'll have to look more into this and let you know if I find out anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread