It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
(female)

principesa HB User
Unhappy Teeny tiny "bubbles" along lashline - cysts?

hi i developed a miniscule (barely visible to the naked eye) little "bubble" along the pink edge of my lower eyelid (not inside, but touching my eyeball), and it seemed to go away, but now something is there again that may or may not be the same one - plus, this weekend i noticed another (even smaller) one, and tonight i noticed yet a third, so i am really freaking out! i suspected that maybe some of the eye cream i just started, had migrated to that edge and clogged something, but i try to be very careful about not applying eye cream too close... i've read about clogged tear ducts, and cysts, and i don't think these are those - if i know what they are, maybe i can see if i'm doing anything to cause them or increase the incidence... thanks for any help anyone can give..............

Old 03-30-2005, 07:10 AM   #2

calibug HB User
Re: Teeny tiny "bubbles" along lashline - cysts?

Sounds like your meibomian glands are getting clogged up. It can just be a fluke thing. I get clogged glands often but it is because I have blepharitis. My husband once got one clogged (small bubble exactly where you are talking about) and he used warm compresses to get rid of it. He also squeezed his eyelid (pressure on each side) and the oil was released.

Try cleaning your eyelids as well. Sometimes cleaning alone will take care of it. Just mix some baby shampoo with water and use a q-tip. Try not to get it in your eye.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #3
(female)

principesa HB User

thanks for the advice - i'll try the warm compresses and baby shampoo! gosh, blepharitis sounds horrible - i'm sorry you have to suffer with that, and i hope someone has given YOU some useful advice that has helped... warmest wishes!

Old 05-10-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
(female)

pacosta HB User

yes, it sounds like blepharitis to me too. I just came from a Lasik consult and I had those tiny bubble like things. Doctor told me that's what it is, he turned my eyelid inside out on top for me to see, Ewww, lots more tiny bubbles.

If you are able, try to look at the underside of your top eyelid, you may see more.

warm compress for 10 minutes, then massage eyelids, then clean with baby shampoo and water mixed.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
(female)

latte163 HB User

My husband had a similar issue a few years ago and it was an irritation from his contact lenses. His entire lid was "bubbly" on the inside. Not blepharitis, just an irritation. He stayed away from his contacts for a while and was fine. Hasn't happened since.

Closed Thread