It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
(female)

wifey702 HB User
Unhappy Slimy Stringy Stuff In My Eyes

So far I have been diagnosed with "severe dry eyes" and been givin instructions to use GenTeal Gel every 2 hrs during the day, and artificial tears as needed, and Refresh PM before bed. The problem is, even though i'm doing these things, my left eye is STILL making slimy stringy mucus stuff that blocks my vision, and I have to wipe it out literally every few minutes. Which causes my eyes to become red, sore, because my finger keeps bothering my eye because i'm wiping this junk out. It also produces in my right eye, but not as frequently as the left. The left is literally EVERY few minutes. I feel like i'm in the bathroom staring at the mirror most of my day. Any ideas how to stop this mucus from forming??? I go back to the eye dr April 11th... I just dont know if my eyes can take much more of this.

Angela

Old 04-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
(male)

axlmed HB User
Re: Slimy Stringy Stuff In My Eyes

angela,

it's the 12th.. so the dr. probably already hooked you up with a diagnosis and some medication. probably a steroid and some antibiotics.. you didn't mention if you wore contacts... if you did it could be related... if you dont' wear contacts.. it's probably some type of conjunctivitis... no need to worry though.. it will straighten out after some applications of the drops (steroids and/or antibiotics).. just remember .. wash your hands before you put them up to the eye for the first couple weeks during medication... eyes will be sensitive to any type of irritant

lata

dr. to be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 04:45 PM   #3

jmletk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey702
So far I have been diagnosed with "severe dry eyes" and been givin instructions to use GenTeal Gel every 2 hrs during the day, and artificial tears as needed, and Refresh PM before bed. The problem is, even though i'm doing these things, my left eye is STILL making slimy stringy mucus stuff that blocks my vision, and I have to wipe it out literally every few minutes. Which causes my eyes to become red, sore, because my finger keeps bothering my eye because i'm wiping this junk out. It also produces in my right eye, but not as frequently as the left. The left is literally EVERY few minutes. I feel like i'm in the bathroom staring at the mirror most of my day. Any ideas how to stop this mucus from forming??? I go back to the eye dr April 11th... I just dont know if my eyes can take much more of this.

Angela

Old 05-20-2005, 04:47 PM   #4

jmletk HB User

did you ever figure out what was causing your eye problem? I have the same problem. Eye Dr. did about the same thing he did for you. It can drive you crazy. Let me know, how you turned out the 11th.

Closed Thread