It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
(female)

redrose HB User
Need Multi-Purpose Solution for Sensitive Eyes

I've worn soft contacts for about 20+ years. Just recently the Acuvue 2 brand along with a slight astigmatism problem. My astigmatism has gotten worse so my optometrist is trying me in different brands of torics. Currently, I'm wearing the Acuvue Advance w/Hydroclear for Astigmatism. He also gave me a trial bottle of Renu with MoistureLoc. I soaked the contacts in the Renu Tuesday night and all day Wednesday my eyes watered and felt sore. I went back to my old store brand multi-purpose solution and the contacts are better feeling today...so far. My doctor feels I need a better brand of multi-purpose solution, but so far the "no rub" solutions I've tried all bother me. I've tried the Opti Express brand and the Wal-Mart no rub also and both bother me. Is there one out there that someone with sensitive eyes has tried and likes.

Thanks,
Sherry

Old 11-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: Need Multi-Purpose Solution for Sensitive Eyes

I have in a trial pair of those same lenses (Acuvue Advanced Toric) and I don't like them as much as I did my old ones (Acuvue Toric). The optometrist told me that the Advanced ones have a higher water content so it's supposed to be better for your eyes. But, since I've tried these I find they tend to dry out much faster.

Also, I wear mine overnight for 4-6 days at a time (which I used to do with the Acuvue 2's before I switched to Torics) and NOW (after 2 years) the doctor tells me that I shouldn't sleep in them at all!!! Uh, so why did your partner prescribe them for me then and why is the first time I'm hearing this... sheesh!

I use the Opti-Free solution in the green bottle. It seems to work OK for me. I don't like the Renu solution (though I haven't tried it in several years).

Go back to your doc -- ask if they have any more samples of different brands. I know that my doc always has sample kits of different brands available for me to try (it's also nice to have the sample size bottle when travelling).

Good luck with finding a new brand of solution. I'm switching back to my Acuvue Torics (not Advanced).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2005, 06:52 AM   #3
(female)

redrose HB User
Re: Need Multi-Purpose Solution for Sensitive Eyes

Thanks for your reply. I'm still in the process of trying different lenses. I tried the Frequency 55 and did not like them at all. I didn't like the fact that every time I blinked or squenched my eyes for some reason that it would get blurry and then I would have to wait a minute or so before I could see clearly. Plus my depth perception was off. I was really nervous while driving because of it. I'm wondering if the Accuvue Toric's would be the same way. The doc gave me a different prescription of Accuvue Advanced last week and they felt real good in my right eye, but my left eye I had problems with. Plus I've already torn the right one, they seem to be alot more flimsy than my regular single vision Accuvue's.

I'll keep in mind the Opti-Free solution.

Closed Thread