It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
(male)

ken7718 HB User
My eyes are shrinking

I've had the problem for 3 years, but now it's rapidly getting worse. It happens while I'm sleeping or lying down, and it's been worsening my vision and causing my eyes to become extremely light sensitive, red, weak and making them hard to keep open. My doctors can't offer me any useful information about this condition and refuse to admit that I have it (there doesn't seem to be a test). It seems to be connected to another illness I've had for 3 years that doctors can't diagnose. The symptoms for which are: weight loss, inability to gain weight, pain in upper abdomen, fluid in abdomen, poor circulation, tremors, sensitivity to toxins, and fatigue.

My eyes feel dead as though they're not getting enough blood circulation, and I feel as though I could go blind very soon. One doctor actually told me that my eyes weren't shrinking, because if they were I would be blind. So this tells me that I'm not supposed to bother them with my eye shrinking problem UNTIL I go blind. Can anyone offer me anymore help than this?

The Following User Says Thank You to ken7718 For This Useful Post:
shailuagrawal (06-24-2012)
Old 10-25-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User
Re: My eyes are shrinking

ken,
Your problems seem to fall into the just-because-your-paranoid-doesn't-mean-they're-not-out-to-get-you category.

What I'm trying to say is that it sounds like your health care people aren't taking your symptoms seriously, but that doesn't mean you don't have medical problems.

Maybe try asking around about medical professionals in your area, and let your queries focus on "Is this doctor compassionate and unhurried" rather than "has this doctor treated these symptoms."

In the mean time, drink lots of water and get adequate sleep and exercise.
And above all, "Do as I say, not as I do."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread