It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
(female)

vader2005 HB User
blurry contact lenses?

ive been wearing contact lenses now for 15 years (since i was a teen)
and my last visit for contact lenses have not been so good. my astigmatism keeps getting worse and contact lenses are not working out too well anymore.
i currently have the monthly disposable contacts, i forget the brand. i dont wear them overnight i take them out before bed and i dont wear them every day, about 4 times a week.
the problem is shifting, one eye is ok but the left eyes contact lens is all over the place leaving me with blurry vision. i went back to the eye doctor after he gave me these lenses and complained, he thought maybe i got a "bad" lens and replaced it. well their still the same, blurry left eye. i have to rotate the lens with my finger to find the clear spot which will give me clear vision for about 5 minutes, then im back to rotating it again.
the doctor checked to make sure they fit and he said he doesnt see a problem with the lens the trouble is my asitgmatism, he told me he cant help me. ok so there must be someway to help me right? i have a 12 months supply and ive only used 3 months so far. they were expensive, i dont want to go to another eye doctor only to get the same results.
is there any brand or type of lens i can wear?? or is this "it" and the doctor was right, no one can help me
p.s im typing this with "one eye blurry"

Old 11-25-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: blurry contact lenses?

It is my understanding that a severe astigmatism will keep contacts from working properly. Now, they may have some new version out there but I'm not aware of it. Perhaps a phone call to your doc's assistant can give you some information on that front without having to go in for a checkup....though, a visit for contact fitting should be covered with what you paid originally for the prescription visit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2005, 07:29 AM   #3

myope33 HB User
Re: blurry contact lenses?

you may want to look into RGP lenses for large amounts of astigmastim.

Closed Thread