It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #151
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: This Is Strange But Nice!

Guess the dryness in the air must be pretty bad and that could make the burning in your eyes bad. Maybe smoke too, that you can't even tell is there, could be in the air causing it too. Who knows what residue is left in the air after fires like that. IT could sure make your eyes feel bad. I know Elyse has said her eye problems started after 9/11, so you just don't know what's in the air that could affect your eyes.
Hope that other problem isn't too bad and easily fixed....and you can see the urologist soon.
Faith

Old 12-29-2005, 03:17 PM   #152
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Thanks, Faith. Gotta fire in my pipes, to put it delicately. I saw my g.p. day before yesterday, hit some cranberry juice and water more and was much better yesterday. Today, however, has been square one and uncomfortable.

I bet we are getting some junk in the air from all these fires! You're on the noodle there, Faith!

Hee, well, I just had a thought--I should get the mods to let me get a new board name--Starburst! That would fit me like a good Texas pair of boots!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM   #153
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

I forgot to mention that my vision with the OLD pair of glasses has been pretty sharp and crisp in that left eye! Some days, it's more blurred, but today, it's been a treat!

Old 12-29-2005, 03:51 PM   #154
(female)

sdv HB User

Hi Faith and Tony!

Tony - I bet that all the stuff in the air is definitely messing with your eyes! Be careful and try to keep them covered up when you can! Glad those old glasses worked out for you today.

Hi Faith - I hope that your eyes are feeling good today. You mentioned floaters in of your posts. Do you still have those, or were those just a sign of your retinal problems and then went away after your surgeries? I never had floaters, but I do now. Thanks to my lovely lasik surgery. I tell myself that if I can just kick this dry eye, I will learn to ignore them and not let them get me down, but they kinda had me down today. Just a reminder that my eyes aren't right I guess. Did you ever get used to yours?

Michelle

Old 12-29-2005, 05:08 PM   #155
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Howdy, Michelle! I bet we do have a lot of junk floating around out there. The weather forecast calls for more windy fronts, dry conditions, and probably fires! Yep, I've been seeing pretty clear. I may stay with these things, but then I'll need to get a refund on the others.

I woke up crusty as KFC clucker this a.m. I flaked a lot of it off in th' bed. I guess there's just no getting over this. I was better for a while, thought I was getting rid of it, but here it came, boomeranging right back. I ain't in Australia, so I don't need any boomerangs.

Tony

Last edited by Anxiety Man; 12-29-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 PM   #156
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

Before I start talking about my eyes, I want to tell Tony that I found a pamphlet in my ENT doctor's office about help for Tinnitus, and I will be posting about that on the General Health board. Even though I don't have it, it might be of some help to some people who do. I've also posted about my ENT visit on the allergy board.

So, I emailed my eye doctor to jokingly "yell" at him for not telling me that he is moving offices, and he wrote me back and I was absolutely cracking up. He told me that he is moving to Japan, and I better purchase my tickets now because Air Japan is having a sale! (It's always been a standing joke that if he gets really tired of me he's going to send me to Tokyo!)

Anyway, my eyes are just unbelieveable today. Unbelievably bad, that is. My brother's girlfriend was here cooking Potato Latkes for our big Hanukkah dinner, and she was cutting and cooking onions. I didn't know it, and I walked into the kitchen. Oh my GOD! The burning that I experienced could not be put out by an entire fire department! I was in the kitchen for about 3 minutes and my eyes just started burning so intensely that I could not even keep them open! I had to run out and pour the tears in, and it took about an HOUR for them to stop burning! Oh my God, I was sooooooo SORRY that I walked into the kitchen! It was five hours ago and they are still irritated! The food was delicious though.

Tony, I think it is great that you have a picture of what you are seeing to show your doctor. Hopefully it will help him be better able to diagnose and treat you. And please try to stay inside while all of that stuff is flying around in the air. I really do believe that's what triggered my onslaught of eye problems all those years ago. I hope all the other problems are getting better too. You're too nice a guy for all of this garbage!

Hi Faith and Missy and Michelle!

Old 12-30-2005, 06:49 AM   #157
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Mornin', Sis Elyse & family. Thanks first for a very nice compliment about me. You're too nice a gal to have all you have too, that's for certain.

I will look for the tinnitus thing, and appreciate that info.

I'm still "starbursty", so I guess I'll enjoy the special effects. Too bad I'm not a camera! I always loved starburst filters on cameras, but never dreamed I'd be a human variety.

Old 12-30-2005, 04:10 PM   #158
Senior Veteran
(female)

You're welcome Tony. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true!

How is everyone doing today? My eyes are watering like a fountain! That is NOT a good thing! Because for some reason I've had a lot of reflex tears and they're washing out all of my "good" tears.

Old 12-30-2005, 04:18 PM   #159
Senior Veteran
(female)

I forgot to mention that when I came home yesterday and joined my family in our Hanukkah celebration, I walked into my bedroom to put my things down. It was dark and I nearly tripped over a huge bag that was left by my door for me. I put the lights on and saw this big bag, and thought someone must have left a gift for me in my room. Yeah, I looked inside and it was quite a "gift"! 12 boxes of Bion Tears brought by my pharmacist uncle! HAPPY HANUKKAH TO ME!

Old 12-30-2005, 05:02 PM   #160
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Evenin', Elyse-

We're okay I guess. The part of the glass that's half full is, I'm seeing very clearly, good tear quality so far, the half empty part is the remaining MESS of the starburst flaring out from light at night. I can't wait til Jan. 13th! I've got some answers due!

Glad you got the Biontears. They will be put to good use for sure!

t.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:14 PM   #161
(female)

sdv HB User

Hi everyone!

Elyse - Ouch, ouch, ouch on the onion thing!! I wear my moisture goggles WHENEVER I'm anywhere near a raw onion now! Cool that you got all those Bion Tears as a gift! I sure hope that your eyes stop watering so badly. I was reading somewhere about how using too many artificial tears can also be bad because it rinses away your "good" tears. I think I might try to cut down on them a little because I've been using them sometimes even when I don't feel like I need them. I thought I was doing the right thing by using them to help my eyes heal quicker, but maybe just leaving my own natural tears in there is a better idea.

Tony - I was thinking...about the starburst thing...this is just a big problem since you had that wrinkle lasered, right? Starbursts and haloes is also a big problem for some people after LASIK. Ofcourse it is another ones of those things that is supposed to be temporary and clear up in a few weeks or months. I wonder if somehow the lasering you had done could have caused the temporary starbursts just like LASIK does to some people. I never had a big problem from starbursts, but I did have some strange glare in my left eye only. I was seeing funny fuzzy halo type things around lights and windows and all. It took about 5 weeks for it to clear up. Unfortunately, then the darn dry eye set in..yuck, yuck, yuck! I did have about a two week period in between the two, when I actually was a happy camper. Even told a few people that I had a good experience and that i would recommend the surgery...boy was I wrong!! I've since contacted those people and told them to FORGET IT! I just couldn't live with myself if I talked someone into LASIK and then things didn't go well for them!

I'm having an OK day. I didn't feel good this morning, so I called in sick to work. Just a cold I think, but I'm feeling a bit better now, so I'm happy about that. My eyes have done OK today too. Well, I hope that everyone else is having a great night!

Michelle

Old 12-30-2005, 05:34 PM   #162
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Evenin', Michelle- That is exactly right--Got this AFTER the laser.

Yeah, I wonder about that laser I had done! I walked in there with ONE horizontal line from lights, and came out with a whole bunch all around lights! I not only didn't get rid of what I came in there with, but I came out with more of same! I sure hope it is only temporary, but so far, it seems almost worse as time goes on. At least, it's no better.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:37 PM   #163
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

This doesn't bother me in daytime, but come night, with streetlights, certain bright areas of the TV screen, a lamp, there the mess is. I'm fortunate it doesn't bother me in daytime, but sure need rid of it at night.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:05 PM   #164
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tony, hopefully it will go away once your eyes have had more time to heal. Remember, your eyes, my eyes, everyone here's eyes are not normal! So I would allow for double the "normal" healing time!

Michelle, I have heard that too, that using too many tears is no good either. But most of the time it just cannot be avoided. I have gotten my usage down to about once every two hours, which isn't too bad as far as overusing them is concerned. But figure it out. If I have a 16 hour day and I use them once every two hours, that is 8 times a day. If a box only comes with 28 vials, I am going through a box of tears every three and a half days! My uncle is so sweet. I say that the Bion Tears was a "gift" because I was expecting him to send them to me, not bring me 12 boxes when he came yesterday. My mom paid him for them. (about $8 a box, I think.) But even with all the financial help he gives us all year with the price breaks he gives us, he still bought my parents a beautiful gift and slipped me $50 on the side! The Bion Tears certainly satisfied me so that even if I got no gifts this holiday season, I would be VERY, VERY HAPPY! It takes so little to make me happy! They are still in the bag in my bedroom because we haven't figured out where else to put them yet. (We've never had twelve boxes before! Usually he sends 6 or 8!) I just sit here and stare and them and I think they are my new best friends!

You know, sitting here looking at that huge bag of tears actually makes me want to cry. Just thinking about how supportive my family has been throughout all of this makes me very emotional. If it wasn't for my uncle being able to get me the tears at wholesale prices, I'd be in the poor house, literally. And it's not even like I pay for them myself. My parents do. I know that when I have a permanent, full time job I will pay him myself, but I need to save my money right now. Then last night my mom and I were reminiscing about my brother and his friends, and I was thinking that if it wasn't for my brother and his friend Glenn, I never would have found the neurologist that I go to now. When my mom told my brother Neil that I was diagnosed with MS, he told my mom "I have to make a phone call. I'll call you back." An hour later he called me and he told me that his good friend works for Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and was doing research on MS. He said "Here's his phone number and e-mail address, he's waiting to talk to you." He was such an immense help to me. Then, the biggest tear jerker of all came when my brother called me back a few days later and said "listen, I just want you to know that even when mom and dad are long gone, you will never have to worry. You'll always have somebody to take care of you if you need it." My mom, just hearing my end of the conversation, telling him "well I'll take care of you too if you ever get sick" started crying right then and there! Oh, and then there was the time that my mom and dad were telling him that they were going to take money out of their retirement fund to pay for my MS medicine because I had no health insurance, and he said "what are you worried about? I'm a lawyer. I'm getting a $15,000 christmas bonus and she can have it to pay for her medicine if you need it." Oh my God, me, my mom and my dad all started crying right there at the table in the restaurant! Well, now that I've gotten all weepy here, I'll go eat dinner! I just hope you all have a really good support system too.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:29 PM   #165
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Happy New Year to You All!
I wish all of you, Tony & Barb, Elyse, Missy & Michelle the happiest & healthiest of years in 2006. You've all had so many problems with your eyes and I pray that you all find healing for these problems.
So here's my "toast": "To healthy eyes! Clear vision, no infections, dryness gone, no burning, stinging, itching, or anything irritating."
Faith

Closed Thread