It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #241
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Re: This Is Strange But Nice!

LOL, nah, maybe they're just enjoying the weekend.

Super doctor eh? Well, they're not in NY (so they haven't come to MY doctor!) and he's the only super doctor I know of!

Old 01-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #242
(female)

sdv HB User

Hey guys!

Sorry, for not writing! I did not fall of the face of the earth, I'm still here! I didn't write much last week because my eyes were AWFUL, and I was really depressed about it. Then on Friday, I went out of town for the weekend. I also was not looking forward to that because it was a winter retreat thing with friends from work, and we were staying in cabins with wood burning fireplaces. So, the last thing I needed was to be hiking around in the cold wind, and staying in a dusty cabin, with a fireplace to dry my eyes out even worse!! My doctor put me on Lotemax, a steriod eye drop, on Friday, and I think it helped a bit this weekend. My eyes weren't great, BUT they were better than they were last week, and under the circumstances of the weekend, the fact that they even survived it under those conditions tells me that they must have been doing better.

I really haven't had a chance to read through everyones posts from the weekend, so I apoligize for that. I'm sorry again I haven't been spending much time around here, I've just been really depressed lately. However, I'm still thinking about you guys and praying for all every single day! I'll check back in soon when I have a chance to catch up on whats going on. I hope you all are doing well.

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #243
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

Well it's good to hear from you sis Michelle! I'm sorry that your eyes did not give you a break this weekend. But I hope you had a good time anyway. Lotemax is a good drop. It should help. But since it's a steroid you always have to be extra vigilant and make sure that you're not developing new vision problems (like if you were to suddenly develop floaters or new blurring).

People known as "steroid responders" have a very rapid increase in intra-ocular pressure, which can cause Steroid Induced Glaucoma. That's very few people though. Just make sure that next time you go back to the doctor he checks your IOP. New headaches behind your eyes would also be a sign of high IOP. But I don't think Lotemax is one of the more "dangerous" steroid drops as far as causing high IOP is concerned. It's just comething to keep in the back of your mind. (Since I am on ocular steroids, it's always in the back of my mind. I keep it buried just under the dust bunnies. )

How many times a day and for how long does the dr want you to use the Lotemax for? What made him decide to give it to you?

I'm glad you at least had a chance to get away for the weekend and try to have a good time. My weekend was spent running errands. Nothing terribly exciting there. But I did get to buy new shoes today.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #244
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Welcome back, Michelle~

Old 01-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #245
Senior Veteran
(male)

azebo HB User

Good morning everyone!
I've used the Lotemax and I liked it. I only used it for a week though and then the doc. switched me to Alrex for a few more weeks. I did make sure that my pressure was checked after I'd been on it for awhile. They did the little touch test thing after numbing my eyes.

Last edited by azebo; 08-02-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Closed Thread