It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #31
(female)

sdv HB User
Re: This Is Strange But Nice!

Hi everyone!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Tony. I hope that you are back to normal very soon!

Missy - We didn't get as much snow as they thought, so I wan't snowed in! I actually went out and did some shopping today, and being in the mall and all was not good on my already sore eyes. Hopefully they will shape up for the weekend though! I drove all over trying to find a new sleep mask like the one I used to have (it broke a few weeks ago). Since then I was using this other one, but the straps weren't adjustable, so I kinda had to wrap it around my ponytail a few times to get it to stay tight...it was a pain! Anyway, I finally found the old one I had at a drug store, so I'm happy about that. I wonder if maybe the heat was getting into the other one, since it wasn't that tight, and that is why my eyes feel worse this week.

Believe me, I am stocked up on eye drops for sure! I think I earned some brownie points this week with my boss because of it. I walked up to his desk to ask him something, and he is in the middle of putting eye drops in, so I waited for a second, and then he says something to the effect "Oh..sorry, just putting drops in..I have no idea what is wrong with my eyes these last few months, I guess I'm just getting old, but I'm so sick of them hurting all the time". I immediately realized that the bottle of drops he was using was stragely shaped like a bottle of visine...yes VISINE...a dry eye's nightmare! So, I just had to step in....

I don't know, but something inside me just took over, and I switched into some kind of "dry eye super hero" and started throwing out all this information at him. I asked him what kind of drops he was using and he said he was using Visine to "get the red out" and then another generic brand of lubricating tears (in the bottle). I asked him how many times a day he used them and explained about the preservatives in the bottled tears and about how Visine is a no-no for dry eye. I went back to my desk and sent him a website explaining all this stuff, and then the next day I brought him in a bag full of preservative free artificial tears! I had about 5 almost full boxes sitting around at home of brands that I had tried before I decided to stick with Systane. I thought about throwing them away a few times, but couldn't bring myself to do it since they were all so darn expensive!!! So, I'm glad that I found someone who could use them. He really did appreciate the drops, but he probably thinks I'm a lunatic. He explained that he gets an intense burning feeling in his eyes when he is at his computer all day long and that he didn't think that it was dryness because they watered all the time. So I went into how dryness actually causes watering, but those are just relex tears, etc, etc, etc. And about how his tear film may be unstable, etc, etc, etc. I told him to go see a doctor, but it sounded like dry eye to me! Too bad that even after learning so much about the human eye and how it works, I can't figure out what causes my good days and bad ones!

Well, that is my dorky story for the day. I thought it was kinda funny. I hope that everyone had a wonderful day!

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

I am watching my eyes really carefully because I don't want to wind up with any infection in them from the sinus problems. That's just not acceptable to me! Not gonna happen! I am determined not to have it happen! But the longer my sinuses stay infected, the bigger the chance of my eyes being affected. I still have a slight fever and a very bad headache. It's also affecting my vision. I get so dizzy that I black out for a second or two.

Tony, I was wondering the same thing. When are you getting the wrinkles "ironed" out? Are you going to wait until you are feeling better?

Old 12-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

They reslated me to get the laser this coming Monday. I think I will be up to that. I've been having some nausea at a certain time morning from these Doryx antibiotics I'm taking for the sinus infection. I get over it, and I'm good to go again.

We'll "eye'll" be seeing ya'll later.

t.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #34
(female)

sdv HB User

Hey guys,
Sorry you are both having sinus issues. Please try to get some extra rest this weekend, and Elyse - stay inside where it is warm!! Did you guys get any snow last night? We only got a little.

Tony - glad that they are going to take care of those wrinkles on Monday. Before when you were takling about it, it sounded like a pretty simple procedure, so I'm sure all will go well!

Old 12-09-2005, 03:08 PM   #35
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Howdy, SDV- I think it will be a walk in the cake. After walking through the cake, I can lick all the icing off my feet.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #36
(female)

sdv HB User

Ah, yes...there is the old Tony I know! You crack me up!!

Old 12-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #37
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Thingkyewww, thingkewww! (stand up comic takes bow, exits stage left) Naw, make that sit down comic--sitting at computer.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Hey Tony, that's good news about getting the wrinkles taken care of Monday. Will they be able to prescribe new lenses then or do you still have to wait? Either way, looks like you'll be pretty close to getting over all the cataract surgery follow-ups pretty darn soon. Won't that be a good Christmas gift?!!
I'm glad to see you're feeling a little like your "old" self, too.
Faith .

Old 12-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Monin', Faith! I'm seeing pretty sharp this a.m. with just my old glasses! Cool to da' max! I don't know if there will be a wait after the ironing or not. I'm ready for all this to be done. If I hadn't of got down with ______, I could've been done with that by now.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:33 AM   #40
Senior Veteran
(male)

azebo HB User

Tony, I'm glad that you're getting the wrinkles taken care of on Monday. I'll be sending some prayers your way.

Elyse, I'm sorry that you're still not feeling well. Take care of those eyes and hopefully they'll be able to fight off the nasty germs. I really hope that you get well soon. HUGS!

Last edited by azebo; 08-02-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #41
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Mornin', Missy & gang-

I'm coming back as a human again, finally. I've been on antibiotics all week, something my eye dr. wanted me to try way back there, only this was for the nasal bug, and feel so much better.

Thanks for those prayers, Missy-

We're coming out of the Artic air influence we've had all week, and looking to a great warmer day.

Yakkin' later, gators-

Tony

Old 12-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #42
Senior Veteran
(male)

azebo HB User

Tony, I read that your vision had been doing a bit better in the last few days. Will they fit you with glasses after you get the wrinkles out on that eye or will they wait awhile?

Last edited by azebo; 08-02-2008 at 05:12 PM.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #43
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

It's been very cold here too, which is not helping my eyes one bit. I really cannot get used to the idea of walking around with goggles on all the time! But it looks like I will have to. I am going to look into them as soon as I get off of healthboards. We had some snow here but it wasn't too bad. It's just the frigidly cold weather that is making them water like crazy and get chapped. I am using Vaseline Intensive Care Lip Therapy on my lipds. It works well. I wish I could use it on my eyelids!

Michelle, I am sure your boss was very glad that you know so much about dry eyes. I wish I had found somebody who knew so much when I was first starting with this. They could have told ME not to use Visine! I didn't really know any better, so when my eyes started getting dry I bought some regular Visine (not the one that gets the red out) and I was using it a few times a day. But my eyes were getting worse and worse, and when I went to the doctor a few weeks later (my first encounter with my current eye doctor), he told me to throw out my Visine and start using something like Tears Naturale Free. I used that for a while and didn't like it so much, so I tried a few other ones until I finally landed on Bion Tears. If I was your boss I would go straight to the Bion. My doctor said that out of all of his patients with severe dry eyes, 99% of them prefer Bion Tears over Thera Tears, the other leading brand.

My eyes are kinda red and chapped, so I better get off the computer as quick as possible. Have a good weekend everyone!

Michelle, up, UP AND AWAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

Old 12-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #44
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Yes, Missy, it has been horrid this past week! A day or so, we were looking at "highs" in the 20's!

I'm uncertain as to whether or not, they will fit me with glasses or not after the iron-out. Today is something else! I'm seeing about as sharp as I could hope with the OLD glasses! So, there may not be much of a change in store. I finally had a day the Doryx didn't make me shaky or nauseous, so I think I'm over the hump, and can just coast the rest of the dosage.

Tony

Old 12-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #45
(female)

sdv HB User

Hi everyone!

Hmmm....I didn't know Bion Tears were so popular. I did not give him any of those! I want to keep my Bion Tears because I use them sometimes! I did give him a box full of TheraTears though...I never really liked those! He told me that him problems are only when he is using his computer in the office, so hopefully his eyes aren't too bad. I think that our office is not very dry eye friendly. I told him about my humidifier and that I think it is helping.

Sorry that your eyelids are still chapped, Elyse. I really do think that the goggles will help with that. I think I already mentioned this, but one kind that alot of people on another site talk about is "panoptx eyewear" so you might want to check that out if you are having trouble finding something. I just bought some wrap-around sunglasses that I hope will help me. They fit pretty close to my face, so I'm gonna try them out for a while and see if it helps at all. My eyes are not always bad outside, but I think it might be a delayed reacion sometimes, so I'm gonna try to protect them better.

Tony - Glad that you are starting to feel a little better. I hope that everyone else gets over their sinus bugs as well!

It is freezing here in Maryland, so I feel bad for you guys even further north than me!

Missy - I hope that you get your Christmas shopping done! I think the malls only bother mine when I'm having a bad day. I've been in malls and stores on other days, and been OK. Do you think that your fluctuations are calming down at all? Are you generally having good days lately? I have 3 classifications that I use when I'm writing on my calendar. Good, OK, and bad. Good meaning that they are very close to normal, or normal for the majority of the day, ok meaning annoying or uncomfortable, but not painful..bad meaning painful (gritty, etc). So far today is OK, so we'll see how it goes!

Well, I'm off to save the day!!! haha . Hope you all have a great one!

Michelle

Closed Thread