It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

KannD86 HB User
my tears burn

My eyes water a lot for no reason. Sometimes I'll just be sitting watching TV or having a normal conversation with someone and my eyes will start to tear. What's worse is that most of the time, the tears really hurt my eyes. I joke about it sometimes, that I have acid tears, but it's really not funny. If I'm laughing so hard that I start to cry, my eyes immediately start burning and don't stop until I soak up all the tears with a tissue. I thought maybe it was caused by me touching my eyes with my fingers, but it happens even when I don't do that. I wear glasses. And I wear contacts very rarely. I can't imagine what it's from. A friend of mine said she had a similar problem for a while, but it went away and she never knew what caused it. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: my tears burn

KannD86,
Just wondering if you are wearing any moisturizers, sunscreens or makeup that could cause the problem. The tears mixing with any of those could cause the burning.
Have you seen your eye doctor for evaluation? Might be worth a visit to see what is causing it and what you can do to get relief.
Hellas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 10:14 PM   #3
(female)

KannD86 HB User

Nope. I hardly ever wear makeup or sunscreen or use moisturizer on my face. I haven't been to the eye doctor lately, but I am due for a visit and will ask about it. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
(female)

staircar HB User

I had a similar problem.. usually I'd just be sitting around, and suddenly my eyes would water and sting a little bit. I went to the eye dr. and he said I was getting bacteria in my eye.. he gave me some lubricating eyedrops and I haven't had that problem since! And he also told me to take a little baby shampoo and "wash" my eyelids with it when I'm in the shower, you might want to try that too if you have this same problem.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
(female)

KannD86 HB User

Baby shampoo... interesting. Did he say where the bacteria came from? Could I get those drops at the regular drug store?

Old 02-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
(female)

staircar HB User

sorry I haven't checked this board in awhile...

he said the bacteria was coming from my eyelashes, which were probably picking it up from my face ( i have a pretty oily face so I guess that's it). Also I have pretty long eyelashes too..

anyway, I'm using thera tears lubricant eye drops, it works great, I use it twice a day or whenever I feel like I need it.

Closed Thread