It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

ladylibrarian HB User
Cool lens implants after cataract surgery

[B]I just had cataract surgery 6 days ago. Besides having cataracts I am extremely nearsighted with an astigmatism in both eyes. Since I had the surgery I see little bright lines when I turn my head a certain way. They seem to flutter or bounce a little. I wouldn't say they are flashes. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I am having the second eye done
Feb 8 and am a little more nervous about this one than the first. Maybe I am just so aware of what is going on in eye with the implant because when I don't have my glasses on I can't see out of the other. Sure would appreciate some input.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User
Re: lens implants after cataract surgery

Hello, Ladylibrarian and welcome to both the Eyes and Vision forums and the new lens implant club, of which I became a member Nov. 1 myself!

I have a feeling this is a normal part of it, and will pass in time. For the first few days after my Acrysof implant, the lens would shimmy when I walked, and I just knew it was about to fall out! I have had shimmying at the left side which is also no longer noticeable to me. I currently have a starburst around lights at night, but am told by my Dr. this should go away in time. I have been told also that it could take nearly a year for things to get in place after this type deal.

The bright lines are probably reflections off the edge of the lens, as my Dr. told me. This should go away in time just as mine did. It is normal, however, to maybe see some reflected light when a light is to the side of you such as in my case, a window light. Lots of this will fade in time, and the rest, you do get used to. I know I am.

All the best,

Tony

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
(female)

ladylibrarian HB User
Talking Re: lens implants after cataract surgery

I am so glad to hear this. You know our eyes are so important to us and I have just been hoping that I have done the right thing. The cataracts could have waited for awhile but my vision was so terrible from being so nearsighted. My eye doctor told me about this surgery and he thought that I would benefit greatly from it. So I decided to go ahead with it. You have made me feel so much better. Thanks.

Kay

Old 01-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

I'm also a lady librarian who was extremely nearsighted. I had my cataract surgeries last summer. I have posted a lot here about my experiences. I need to go to sleep now, but perhaps you can do a search on the boards for "seriousperson" and "cataract."

I tend to get depressed about these things, but you sound like you are able to take it all in stride, which is a much better way to go.

As a librarian, I am still trying to work out post-op glasses that will work for me.
But things are improving.
More later if you like.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
(female)

ladylibrarian HB User
Smile Re: lens implants after cataract surgery

Thanks "seriousperson". I will check out what you previously posted.

Kay

Old 01-11-2006, 07:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

N

Here's lookin' at you, kids!

Closed Thread