It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
(male)

Chris17H HB User
Question Redness and bump in eye

I've been having this problem for awhile now. Been to a few doctors and they either say I have conjunctivitis (pink eye) or another form of it allergic conjunctivitis.

Last summer was when all of my problems started to occur, they treated me at first for conjunctivitis with an eye drop antibiotic, that just made it worse. After that they treated me for allergic conjunctivitis with other types of eye drops. However what finally worked was just normal Allegra 60mg two times a day. It didn't take everything away though,

Now they just think I have really bad allergies, which I agree. But it's odd how it only affects my eyes, I have no other syptoms, other than I wake up with the area surronding my eyes swollen; then slowly starts to go away.

Anywho, here are my syptoms when i get these random outbreaks:
-Blurred vision due to puss.
-Swollen eyes when I wake up for a few hours.
-Extreme redness which red eye and allergy drops don't work. (shown in picture)
-White bumps on my eye. (shown in picture)

I'm starting to think I need a larger prescription, but my doctor wouldn't give it to me awhile ago. I'm just trying to get some opinions oh what I should do.

Here's the link: [url]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chrishunter0818/detail?.dir=/bf74&.dnm=78bere2.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=phb7D TEBeP0C5QJW[/url]

Last edited by Chris17H; 01-23-2006 at 07:07 PM.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

squatchimo HB User
Re: Redness and bump in eye

WHen was the last time you were in to an optometrist? Where those white bumps there the last time you were examined? Based solely off the picture it looks like a nodular episcleritis. If you haven't had it checked out lately, I'd advise going in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2006, 06:53 AM   #3
(male)

Chris17H HB User
Re: Redness and bump in eye

optometrist or optimologist(spell)? I havn't been to an optometrist for years. However I went to the other last summer, when I had one smaller bump, he didn't say much just said it looked like i had light sensativity. Which I did, he just gave me medicine for that. Now it seems to have gotten worse this time. Today I plan on going to my on-campus doctor and seeing where she sends me.

Last edited by Chris17H; 01-24-2006 at 06:57 AM.

Closed Thread