It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Want2feelgood HB User
Unhappy Broken glass vision once, what is it?

OK, here is what happened... It was about 4 or 5 months ago, I had my daughter and a friend of hers with me. We had just left the store, it was really sunny out (but that has never bothered me before) and I was about 1/2 mile from home when in my right eye out the right side (lateral side) it got like a broken glass view. I mean if I closed my eye it was still there, and when would try to see past it I couldnít. It wasn't in my left eye, just the right. So needless to say the rest of the way home was BAD... I couldn't see the road that well. I tried to close the right eye and just use the left, but it was still there. When I got home I went to my room and laid down for about 1/2 hour or so, and it went away. That was the only time it happened. What could it be? I was told I have a bad astigmatism in one of my eyes, but can't remember which one, and to be honest with you I don't even know what astigmatism is...
Any way... what could that have been that made my right eye have vision like that?
Please respond....

Old 02-17-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: Broken glass vision once, what is it?

Just wondering if what you experienced was an ocular migraine? I'm not sure I understand the "broken glass" effect. If you perhaps were experiencing a zigzag light in your peripheral vision which lasted a short amount of time (I get the ocular migraines with the zigzag light lasting about 40 minutes or so.) it may be nothing more than an ocular migraine.
Mine are usually brought about by glare from the sun.
Hellas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Want2feelgood HB User
Talking Re: Broken glass vision once, what is it?

Hellasrules...
Well, I am not sure? I wasn't in any pain.... just weird vision for about an hour or so.... I am very confused....yeah kida like zig zag, but it like blocked my vision in my right eye.....
Thank you for your reply

Last edited by Want2feelgood; 02-17-2006 at 04:52 PM.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Want2FeedGood,
Ocualr migraines don't cause any pain in the eye. And do not (always) precipitate a headache. When I get them, the zigzag lines float around the peripheral for awhile and then into my central vision, so vision is pretty much blocked at that point.
It may be a good idea to see your family physician or eye doctor, just to take a look.
I haven't had any in awhile. And recently read the 85% of migraine sufferers are magnesium deficient. I've been taking magnesium for over a year, and haven't had an ocular migraine in that time...so maybe it works for the them too.
Hellas

Old 02-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Want2feelgood HB User

Hellasrules...
Thank you so much for the words of comfort... It helps a lot
I wanted to let you know that I was sick about 3 days before that happened, i had a pretty bad sinus thing going. In your opinion do you thaink that could have set it off?
Thank you again for your reply.....

Old 02-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2feelgood
Hellasrules...
Thank you so much for the words of comfort... It helps a lot
I wanted to let you know that I was sick about 3 days before that happened, i had a pretty bad sinus thing going. In your opinion do you thaink that could have set it off?
Thank you again for your reply.....
Well, I'm no doctor, but since the sinuses pretty much surround the eye socket, I guess it might be possible. I'd just watch it. If the visual disturbance you had occurs again, probably a good idea to get it checked.
Hope it doesn't though. Those things can sure be scary.
Hellas

Closed Thread