It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

AKGIRL HB User
Have castor oil/Refresh endure drops helped anyone?

I am wondering if anyone has had success using the Refresh Endura drops that have castor oil in them? I have tried punctum plugs and am on omega 3 but still have very dry eyes. I put in tears constantly..but have heard that the castor oil helps a lot with the gland dysfunction.I also scrub my eyelids..can that be drying them out more?
Any information will be most appreciated..
Thanks

Old 04-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
(female)

NikiJo HB User
Re: Have castor oil/Refresh endure drops helped anyone?

Do you scrub your eyelids because you have blepharitis? If you dont have this - there is really no need to do eye scrubs - just keep your eyelids clean.

As for the Refresh Endura - I also thought that the castor oil in it might help, for me it doesnt really feel any different to any other drop. BUT, its a very personal thing and there are people who really like it.

I think you might have more success using just a castor oil drop - if you are from the states you can get these made up at a compounding pharmacy. Ive heard people say this is really good and allows them to use drops less.

I cant seem to get hold of them but you might. Try the endura first - it may do something for you.

Are you plugged in upper and lower ducts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

I get my castor oil drops from Leiter's Park Avenue Pharmacy in San Jose, California. They have not yet improved my tear quality because I haven't been using them that long, but they do seem to be more soothing than any of the other drops I've tried. I have been battling dry eyes for almost 5 years. My doc says that I have one of the most difficult dry eye/allergy cases that he's ever seen. I find that what helps me the most are steroid drops and ointments. And I do like the castor oil drops. I think it's worth it for you to try it. It's pretty cheap compared to the other compounded drops I've had. All together with the shipping and handling, it cost me about $48. Not bad for a 10 ml bottle.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:45 AM   #4
(female)

delilah37 HB User

I've been on the Castor Oil Eye drops now for about 6 days and they are wonderful. I haven't felt this good in 4 years, since I was diagnosed with MGD and Severe Dry Eye. I also got my eye drops from Leiters pharmacy in San Jose, they compound many different eye drops. I've tried every kind of drop possibly and nothing has helped like these ones. You have to keep them in the fridge and I put them in my eyes 4 times a day.
Also I have to do lid scrubs and warm compresses which dry's out my eyes pretty bad, so what I do after I am done with every thing and put my drops in I have some allergy free eye cream and I gently massage that around my eyes and eye lids. It helps because having to wet your eyes and put drops in every day as much as people like us with eye trouble makes our eyes dry as bones and flaky, I've even noticed wrinkles forming worse under my eyes and on the sides where they call it "crows feet" lol, it seems I've gotten them faster ever since I have had this eye trouble.
I just wanted to share with all of you how much these Castor Oil Eye drops have helped and I have to give Purple a big Thank-you for letting me know about them because I would of never thought of using them as I had no idea they existed. So Purple you really are an I hope all of you find some relief, it feels good to finally find some relief after 4 years Now I didn't say that I am completely cured because I am not but I can actually enjoy my day more without having to fuss with my eyes constantly. I'll keep in touch. Delilah

Old 04-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #5
(female)

Shahara HB User

Hi Guys,

I'm from Germany, suffering from Dry Eye since four years, how can I get hold of these Castor Eyedrops? any Website to order it, can't find something similar here in Germany. IF you know something please let me know!!!

Regards
Shahara

Old 04-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #6
(female)

NikiJo HB User

Hi again Sahara - I am in the same position as you, you have to firstly get a prescription from your doc and then find a pharmacy to make them up for you. They are preservative free and so need to be kept refrigerated I believe.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:58 PM   #7
(female)

AKGIRL HB User

It seems that castor oil really does work well..i dont know if it just gives temp. relief because it is thicker, or if it works to really get the M. glands unclogged and working to produce their own oil release. Does anyone know, and, how long should it take to work to get the eyelid glands healthier?
Also, the custom made drops sounds great..does anyone know how they differ from the Refresh Endura?
thanks to all who are responding..this board is wonderful. Dry eyes are just awful and you all make it a bit more tolerable!

Old 04-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

They differ from Refresh Endura because they are just pure castor oil drops with nothing else (that I know of anyway). It's just compounded, sterilized castor oil that is made into eyedrops. I did not like Resresh Endura at all, as it irritated my eyes too much. The plain castor oil drops don't do that.

For people who are not in the US, if you look up Leiter's Pharmacy you can possibly contact them and ask if they ship worldwide. The only contact information I am allowed to post on this website is that the full name is "Leiter's Park Avenue Pharmacy" and they are in San Jose, California. The rest you have to find out on your own.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #9
(female)

jayne29 HB User

Hi
I have been suffering from MGD for 4 years and have all 4 tearducts plugged, does the castor oil irritate your eyes if you have plugs in?
I would really like to give it a try, so if anyone who uses cator oil and has plugs maybe you can let me know how it works for you

Thanks so much

Old 05-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #10
(female)

jayne29 HB User

Hi

Just one more question, what does your eye doctor have to make the RX for, is it just for castor oil drops or just he have to write compounded castor oil drops.

Thanks

Closed Thread