It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

MG123 HB User
Swollen Itchy Eyelids?

I have had this problem for the last couple of years during the Spring/Summer only.

Basically, I wake up one morning with swollen and itchy eyelids (not the eye itself - just the eyelids). During the day the swelling goes down a bit, but the itchiness remains. Sometimes the itchiness and some swelling spreads to the area below the eye as well. This lasts for about 5-7 days and then goes away. It then returns 1-2 months later. I saw my doctor about it and tried a number of different creams, in addition to allergy medications and nothing has really helped.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms and if you have any leads for what could be the cause of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to MG123 For This Useful Post:
Cynthia Gibson (03-25-2012)
Old 06-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
Re: Swollen Itchy Eyelids?

hi i have the same dam problem i have had dry red itchy lids for months now they get swollen then they go down alittle also when i cry now it burns my eye balls alittle i never use to have this problem until this year mine started in march and ive had it off and on since i have a question for u did u go tanning without eye protection i did many times i wonder if that has something to do with what we have

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
(male)

noodleman HB User

help! i'm having the same problem. it flared up a few days ago, the pharmacist told me to put moisterizer on it and if it hasn't gone down in a few days go to the doctor. I'm going to try to go tomorrow - i have a big event this weekend and that whole area of my face is red and itchy.

I've been trying vaseline on it but that's not working at all. I also heard that cortizone is a no-no on your face. If it was elsewhere i would've put cort on it first thing. i'm going to try taking benedryl before bed tonight. a friend told me it's stress related... i dont think so myself. seems more like an allergy thing.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #4

boricuadelsur HB User

I woke up this morning with this same problem. I never had anything like this before.
I am putting moisterizer and applied cotton balls dipped in iced water.
Not sure if it will help. It it continues I guess I will have to go to the doctor.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
(male)

noodleman HB User

I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and he told me it was conjuctivitus, saying that it's VERY common this time of year. He gave me eye drops and told me that hot compresses would be just as useful as the eyedrops he prescribed.

After that it started to turn into what I associate with Pink Eye and the actual eyes were very irritated. That subsided after a week and the eyelids cleared up but just this week the dry eyelids have come back in a mild form. I will go back to the doctor again soon.

Also try polysporin, but don't but cortizone on your face. The polysporin might help if you got those cuts from it being so dry. Vaseline is good but very oily and visible. It's so oily that it can find its way in your eye. That might've been how I got the pink eye aspect.

Closed Thread