It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
(male)

nickphonics18 HB User
Question weird floating things in my vision

wonder if anyone knows what this is...

mainly affected by looking into bright skys especially sunny day. i get few weird floaty things in my right eye vision. they move with my eye. and its annoying as i notice it. they are clear and look like a worm (no they dont wiggle haha)

is it cause i use computer for work all day?..

thanks

Old 06-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

twoeyez HB Usertwoeyez HB User
Re: weird floating things in my vision

You may sometimes see small specks or clouds moving in your field of vision. They are called floaters. You can often see them when looking at a plain background, like a blank wall or blue sky. Floaters are actually tiny clumps of gel or cells inside the vitreous, the clear jelly-like fluid that fills the inside of your eye.

Floaters may look like specks, strands, **** or other shapes. Actually, what you are seeing are the shadows of floaters cast on the retina, the light-sensitive part of the eye.

Eyes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
(male)

nickphonics18 HB User

thanks for the info on them. what causes then? are they serious and can i get rid of them?
thanks

Old 06-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Floaters occur when the vitreous, a gel-like substance that fills about 80 percent of the eye and helps it maintain a round shape, slowly shrinks. As the vitreous shrinks, it becomes somewhat stringy, and the strands can cast tiny shadows on the retina. These are floaters.

Floaters are more likely to develop as we age and are more common in people who are very nearsighted, have diabetes, or who have had a cataract operation. There are other, more serious causes of floaters, including infection, inflammation (uveitis), hemorrhaging, retinal tears, and injury to the eye.

Eye floaters can range from the merely annoying to the visually disabling. Treatment of eye floaters is a speciality. The South Florida Eye Foundation / South Florida Eye Clinic has been treating eye floaters for 18 years. Scott Geller MD, a Board Certified Ophthalmologist, pioneered and perfected laser treatment of eye floaters.

It would be suggested that you evalute the annoyance of your own floaters before considering any advanced laser treatement.

Almost all people with floaters just learn to "live" with them

Eyes

Old 06-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
(male)

MrShannon HB User

What about high blood pressure, prolonged stress and anxiety? Can these cause floaters? I've had floaters in my vision for over 2 years now. There are alot of them. They are very annoying. Also, what kind of serious infections can cause floaters?

Old 06-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

There has been no indication that high blood pressure,prolonged stress,or anxiety could be a possible cause of floaters.

If you suddenly see new floaters, or eye floaters accompanied by flashes of light or peripheral vision loss, it could indicate serious conditions such as diabetic retinopathy; vascular abnormalities such as retinal hemorrhages or carotid artery disease.

The best advice is to learn to "live" with the floaters. With a positive attitude you will begin to "look" thru them .

Eyes

Old 06-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
(female)

l_reyna_1 HB User

FLOATERS ARE CAUSED ALSO BY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ..AS A MATTER OF FACT THAT'S THE WAY I FOUND OUT I HAD BLOOD PRESSURE.. AS SOON AS I GOT THE HBP UNDER CONTROL..THEY'RE GONE .....COULD ALSO BE FOR OTHER REASONS BUT TO SAY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE DOES NOT CAUSE FLOATERS IS TERRIBLY WRONG. YES THEY DO.

Closed Thread