It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

chelsea2007 HB User
Desparate for answer about constant eye discharge

For years now my eyes are producing stringy eye discharge, that just wont go away and its effecting my daily life. I dont have pink eye or anything like that because its been like this for ever, and this happeneds every day and wont go away. Anyone out there have any answers?? Im desparate, help

Old 07-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Desparate for answer about constant eye discharge

I have chronic dry eye and get the stringy discharge because my eyes are not hydrated enough. Some of my symptoms are a burning sensation, feeling like my eyes are often gritty, sensitivity to sun, reflux tears, redness, crusty-stuck together eyes in the morning. I am receiving treatment from an opthomologist, but one of the things that is most effective is the use of Refresh brand eye drops. I prefer the Liquigel or Dry Eye formluas.

I am not sure if you have any other symptoms, but I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
(female)

kywildcats HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea2007
For years now my eyes are producing stringy eye discharge, that just wont go away and its effecting my daily life. I dont have pink eye or anything like that because its been like this for ever, and this happeneds every day and wont go away. Anyone out there have any answers?? Im desparate, help
I have had the same symptoms for years. My eyes are itchy sometimes at night and during the day. They look red on my eyelids all the time, people often ask me if I have a stye on my eyes. I get the stringy discharge in my eyes all the time it's so bad that sometimes it covers over my eye. I went to an eye doctor a few years ago and he said the cause of this was that the eyelid glands get clogged.Hope this helps you.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Chelsea.
Have you been seen by your eye doctor recently? Be well worth it to get a definite diagnosis. You may have Dry Eye Syndrome, Blepharitis or any number of other eye problems.

There are treatments for the above that may help, so please make an appointment. A drug such as Restasis may help, but can only be prescribed by your eye doctor, after a definite diagnosis.

In the meantime, you can try over the counter drops like the Refresh, Systane, BionTears, etc. Look for ones that come in vials, that are preservative free. Try a humidifier at night, and also do hot compresses at least twice a day.

Hope this helps a bit & Good Luck!
Hellas

Closed Thread