It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User
Unhappy Left Eye Backfiring

Well, never say "never again."

It looks like the blepharitis is flaring on me again despite of my taking 3 slugs of cod liver oil per day.

I began having the Colonel's original recipe crust again, goop, and cream chicken "soup" coming out of the tear duct near my nose.

I'm staying the course, warm comps, oil, and maybe it will improve again. It really laid a nasty number on my acuity Monday, but that seems slightly better today.

Guess there's no gettin' over it for keeps. I also am thinking maybe it has it's seasonal flare-ups.

That's all from "snot eyes" for now.

T ny

Old 08-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: Left Eye Backfiring

Hey Tony!
Must be the left eye season! Ha Ha! My left eye is really bad right now too.
I don't have that goop or crusties, but all day yesterday I was getting spasms and stabs all around that eye. And the air conditioning is brutal on the dryness! But it's supposed to be 103 tomorrow with high humidity, so it's probably going to feel like 120! I just want to rip my eyes out of their sockets right now and dip them in that oil!
Keep wondering how the heck do I get through work like this for the next 15 years till I retire! Everyday is torture! By the time I leave work, my vision is really pretty blurry.
Don't know how you've done it all these years...fight the bleph. Maybe it does have "seasons" where it's worse than others. I'm new at this & just trying to figure it all out.
Sure is a bummer & I feel for you and everyone else dealing with this.Makes the day hard to get through.
BUt being a stubburn fighter, I refuse to let it get the best of me. And if I can find things to help it, I will. Even if it's sweltering in the heat & humidity!
Well, I hope you get that cleared up good...and soon. I find that doing the hot compresses for about 20-25 minutes 3 times a day helps me more than two times a day for 10 minutes. HArd to find the time, but hotta do what ya gotta do!
Takes care....and maybe when the weather changes the eyes will get better!
Don't give up...because I won't!
Sorry a little long winded here tonight...this thing ticks me off!
Faith

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User
Re: Left Eye Backfiring

Howdy, Faith-

Sure am sorry your eyes are boogering you up like that. It's a drag, I know. Mine seem better today, so maybe the oil is taking hold again.

I can't hold a compress on my eyes for more than a few seconds, because if I do, it dries them up so bad, they fog over and sometimes, burn! The burning is a problem a lot lately for me. It's like walking a tightrope with this. Too long on compresses, they dry. Not do them, and other stuff can happen.

No problem with a long post. Just let 'er rip. That's what we have each other for--to vent and let it fly.

I do hope you are better soon, Faith.
t.

Closed Thread