It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

sweptaway76 HB User
Question Feels like there is film/goo in one eye. help!

I am hopong somebody might be able to help me out here. My vison is not that bad. I am slightly nearsighted and can get away with not wearing glasses or contacts, although I probably should wear something daily. Almost a year ago, very sudden, it felt like the vision in my right eye got alot more blurry then it was, but also felt like there was this film covereing my eye. (like a thick lubricant of some sort) I went to my eye doctor and he did a bunch of tests that all came out normal. And, even though it feels like the vision is more blurry then ever, my eyesight did not change at all from the last eye exam I had with him. I noticed that my eye feels worse at night and when I have been sleep deprived. (which has been happening alot) Does anyone else have this or know what it could be? Why in one eye? Its starting to make me nervous. Any reply would be greatful. Thanks alot!

Old 08-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User
Re: Feels like there is film/goo in one eye. help!

yes, you are not alone. I also have suffered the blurriness for years now, ongoing and usually in ONE eye at a time, although it varies as to which eye will be the problem eye. And it is worse when I'm tired or if I'm doing a lot on the computer. I've had multiple exams and they only say dry eye, which of course is a good catch all for everything.
I am not saying it isn't dry eye, but it seems like something else to me as well is going on. Sometimes it feels like I've got vaseline in my eye. is that how you feel?
I've also discovered that when I wake up in the middle of the night my one eye will hurt to open it. That's a new development. and again, my eye doctor can't find anything wrong.
Very scary, and very frustrating.
I am also nearsighted with astigmatism and do have to wear glasses for everything pretty much.
I just wanted to reply to let you know that there's at least one other person who shares your plight and sure wish I had an answer. If I find out anything I will post again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 05:40 AM   #3
(female)

sweptaway76 HB User
Re: Feels like there is film/goo in one eye. help!

yup, feels like vaseline. it is so strange. so far today, my eye feels somewhat normal, but I am sure within an hour or so from staring at my computer all day at work, it will start to bother me. Thanks alot and I am a bit relieved I am not the only one.

Closed Thread