It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

pulltab HB User
Eye Sparkles/Stars

Does anyone know what I mean when I say sometimes I see eye sparkles (little bright diamond like stars) on the outter parimeter of my vision... it's in the corners and sides and there are usually several of them at once when it happens. It has happened a half dozen times over the past year and the last couple days I have noticed it a couple times. It only lasts 10 - 20 seconds each time.

Last edited by pulltab; 09-28-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
(female)

robin48 HB User
Re: Eye Sparkles/Stars

Hi,

I would go see an Opthomologist about it. I posted about this on another thread but I had the eye sparkles and, later, cascading sparkles (like fireworks) in my outer vision and was diagnosed with "vitreous detatchment" where the vitreous (gel) inside your eyeball is separating from your retina. Have no idea what caused it but seems to be quite common. Got a prescription for eyedrops and that was the end of it. It never came back and that was 25 yrs. ago. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
(female)

pulltab HB User

I seen my optometrist recently not about this in particular but for a regular eye examine. During the examination they took pictures of the inside of my eye with new laser technology, and after reviewing the pictures he said everything looked healthy. I appreciate your reply. I am very curious about these bright sparkles that occur every so often.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulltab
I seen my optometrist recently not about this in particular but for a regular eye examine. During the examination they took pictures of the inside of my eye with new laser technology, and after reviewing the pictures he said everything looked healthy. I appreciate your reply. I am very curious about these bright sparkles that occur every so often.
I've had them for years. They appear in both eyes and slowly move across my vision and get bigger and bigger until they finally leave my field of vision. During this time, I find it difficult to focus. Sound the same?

I think that it is called Migraine Aura. In my case, I don't get the migraine headache with it. Others, though, get the headache.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 10-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
(male)

chrissy16 HB User

hi,

i thought i could be of help.

I am 17 years old.

I get miagines once a month (roughly). What you are describing sounds like the visual aura u get before i get the headache. However some people dont get the headaches after!

Type visual aura into *********** and it shows pictures. Hope this helps.

But what the heck im no doctor

much love chris

Old 10-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy16
What you are describing sounds like the visual aura u get before i get the headache.
Sorry to hear that you get the headache along with the aura.

Mine appear like a single string of small, flashing lights, in both eyes. They remind me of strings of Xmas lights. Most of the time the image is shaped somewhat like a thin letter C. It can start small, and thin, and then turn into a larger and larger thin letter C and slowly float across my eyes until it finally disappears.

Sometimes it can start as a single tiny light and then it gradually get larger. Sometimes, instead of a string of flashing Xmas lights, in the form of a thin letter C, it appears as a blotch that covers almost half the vision in both eyes. It always effects both eyes equally, which, from what I have read, is representative of a non-serious eye condition.

Is this somewhat what you experience? How long have you had them?

Can you trace any activity that you have done, or anything that you have eaten that might be causing your migraine aura to happen?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Closed Thread