It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

Jon7346 HB User
Grainy eyes

My grandfather has no internet and asked me to find some info.

He has been having a problem with a grainy feeling in his eye, dry too. Went to a bunch of eye docs, tried a million different drops, prescriptions, etc. He's getting to his wits end.

He heard of eye duct surgery that help with tearing. Does anyone know about this or possibly what could be going on with his left eye?

Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
(female)

sue9638 HB User
Re: Grainy eyes

This sounds like what I've got. I'm female, 68 years old. I was diagnosed with Severe Dry Eye - they tested my tear production in both eyes, and I was producing no tears. I was told to use eye drops as needed - and that it was incurable.

I researched the Internet for Severe Dry Eye and read everything I could find.

I found help. I was told about Panoptyx Glasses - kind of like goggles, with foam rubber around the outside, so your eyes are protected from wind, dust, air conditioning, etc. I could not find Panoptyx Glasses - BUT I walked into Walmart one day, and found "Sports Glasses" in their Optometric Department. They are "Liberty" brand - and you could get prescription leanses put in them.

I used my regular prescription from my Optometrist, and ordered a pair.

What a God Sent!!! I took a few days to get used to them because of the rounded lenses - but once I did - it is like a miracle. I only have to use eye drops several times a day (as compared to about 100 times a day), and my eyes feel good nearly all the time.

You might give your Grandfather this information, and check out your Optometry Department at your local Walmart.

Sue in So. CA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread