It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 547
Shakira HB User
Question Blurry vision in right eye

3 years ago, i noticed the vision in my right eye was blurred. It has become progressivly worse since then, but not to the point of not being able to make anything out. There is ghosting and haloing and like a 'light' that comes down and goes up when i blink. I haven't been to the opticians for 17 years. Everyone says to me 'Once you start wearing glasses, your eyesight just gets worse, as your eyes are depending on the glasses.' I don't want that. Would i benefit from laser eye surgery?

 
Old 10-03-2006, 07:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,003
KeelaC HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

Fer cryin' out loud!! Get to an optometrist and find out what is wrong. Then decide what to do about it. It's highly ironic that you don't want to wear glasses because they will supposedly make your vision worse, yet you're walking around with bad vision.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 10-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 302
squatchimo HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelaC
Fer cryin' out loud!! Get to an optometrist and find out what is wrong. Then decide what to do about it. It's highly ironic that you don't want to wear glasses because they will supposedly make your vision worse, yet you're walking around with bad vision.
Ahhhh, the voice of reason. Thank you. As I've said before, there a lot of posters here who would really benefit from an eye exam every now and then. If you're having vision problems, an eye doc will help out a lot more than a message board.

 
Old 10-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 547
Shakira HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

I guess i'm scared they're gonna say i'm going blind or something. I have a problem with my left eye, too. The muscles don't work properly and my eyes don't 'work together' all the time.

And when i close one eye, i can't see as well as i can through both eyes. Is that normal?

 
Old 10-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 302
squatchimo HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

Please re-read the 2nd and 3rd posts in this thread.

 
Old 10-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Burnet, Texas USA
Posts: 4,313
Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

I too have blurry vision, eyes do not focus together, but I wear glasses and can now see like other people do. Glasses do not cause your eyes to get worse. I have been wearing glasses for many, many years and my eyes have been the same for 2 years without anymore change. Remember, your eyes do change over time. Going without correction to the problem does not hurt anyone but yourself. Not wearing glasses to correct a problem causes extra strain on the eyes.

There are a lot of old wives tales out there that you should not believe and this is one of them!

You have let your eyes go for so long there is no turning back the clock to perfect vision as you may have known it in your younger days. Why go thru life not seeing. Don't be vain about wearing glasses, much better than living in a dim world!!

 
Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 547
Shakira HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty800
I too have blurry vision, eyes do not focus together, but I wear glasses and can now see like other people do. Glasses do not cause your eyes to get worse. I have been wearing glasses for many, many years and my eyes have been the same for 2 years without anymore change. Remember, your eyes do change over time. Going without correction to the problem does not hurt anyone but yourself. Not wearing glasses to correct a problem causes extra strain on the eyes.

There are a lot of old wives tales out there that you should not believe and this is one of them!

You have let your eyes go for so long there is no turning back the clock to perfect vision as you may have known it in your younger days. Why go thru life not seeing. Don't be vain about wearing glasses, much better than living in a dim world!!
Thank you for that. I have decided to go and get them checked out before the year's out.

Thanks everyone.

 
Old 10-07-2006, 05:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,003
KeelaC HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

That's wise. Report back.

 
Old 10-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 547
Shakira HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

I will do.

 
Old 01-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 547
Shakira HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

I went to get my eyes checked today and they are ok. They told me my right eye is only slightly worse than my left one and it's not worth wearing glasses for. I had the optomap aswell, where they take a digital photo of your eye to see if there is anything behind it.

So i'm happy now. Thanks everyone!

 
Old 01-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,003
KeelaC HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakira View Post
I had the optomap aswell, where they take a digital photo of your eye to see if there is anything behind it.
Like a brain? I couldn't resist.

That's good news. Doesn't fix the blurry vision though. Did you see much more clearly when you were doing the test looking through the different lenses?

 
Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 547
Shakira HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

LOL!

When she put the 2 lenses in and asked if it was better with the 1st or 2nd, sometimes one of them was clearer, sometimes there was no difference, so i don't know what that meant.

She asked if i could see a difference in my sight now and what it used to be like and i said yes. She said as long as i can see ok, there's no point in wearing glasses. I might put them on and think "Is it better with them or not?" But if my sight starts to annoy me, then i could get glasses. As long as i know there's nothing seriously wrong with my eyes, i can relax now.

Last edited by Shakira; 01-21-2007 at 09:42 AM.

 
Old 01-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #13
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
toothbrush1 HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

Actually, negative lenses glasses does make your vision worse. Go to myopia.org for further information. If your vision issue is dealing with myopia (nearsightedness), I suggest wearing a pair of postive lenses glasses to try to improve your vision back to 20/20. They can be purchased at a local drug store.

 
Old 01-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 302
squatchimo HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothbrush1 View Post
Actually, negative lenses glasses does make your vision worse. Go to myopia.org for further information. If your vision issue is dealing with myopia (nearsightedness), I suggest wearing a pair of postive lenses glasses to try to improve your vision back to 20/20. They can be purchased at a local drug store.
I like how the cure for the "crutch" of glasses......is more glasses. Genius. And unless those plus lenses have the ability to reshape your cornea or shrink your eyeball, you won't be seeing 20/20 without those evil minus lenses any time soon.

 
Old 01-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #15
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
toothbrush1 HB User
Re: Blurry vision in right eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatchimo View Post
I like how the cure for the "crutch" of glasses......is more glasses. Genius. And unless those plus lenses have the ability to reshape your cornea or shrink your eyeball, you won't be seeing 20/20 without those evil minus lenses any time soon.
It is a treatment for it. It applies to people with low and initial myopia. The plus lenses can treat low myopia and reverse their vision back to 20/20. Minus lenses are a temporary solution; in the long run, they only continue to worsen your nearsightedness. Hense why people need new perscriptions annually/biannually.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
blurry dot on eye kareengas Eye & Vision 4 03-29-2010 06:41 AM
Benztropine/Cogentin and Blurry Vision mandy26 Parkinson's Disease 3 10-04-2009 03:05 PM
2-years of blurry vision on my left eye Strongbow Eye & Vision 8 08-02-2009 02:03 PM
took a nap & 1 eye was as blurry as pre-lasik!? help!! r/o emmes Lasik Eye Surgery 3 11-05-2008 07:20 AM
four days out - still blurry!!! tguy Lasik Eye Surgery 37 05-06-2008 05:22 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



tubint (11), JodieJ (11), Bleue (9), Laura1000 (8), TopGeek (8), senior41 (8), Eagle (7), esker (7), earthworm88 (7), ladybud (6)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1007), Apollo123 (906), Titchou (851), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!