It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

meliny HB User
Sore Eye Muscle with Movement

Hey All,

I've experienced soreness around my left eye and left facial area, however I can only really feel it if I move my eyes to the extremely left or right (and I only feel it behind my left eye). I guess the best way to describe it is like a sore eye muscle, or as if the eye is straining to look around. It feels worse when I have my contacts in, otherwise, its just a dull ache, and again, only upon eye movement. It comes and goes, and I've monitored it for the past 6 months or so. Sometimes, if I roll my eyes around too much, I induce a facial headache on the left side (I should really just leave it alone!) A visit to the opthamologist in May could find nothing wrong with the eye. Just curious, as googling has turned up a few poeple with similar problems, but no real solution. Any ideas?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

Zulpa HB User
Re: Sore Eye Muscle with Movement

Hi,
What ever happened at the Opthamoligist? I am having the same problem. Eye soreness when looking left, right and sometimes way up. It started about a month ago. My eyes are also really dry in the morning.
I had a baby 6 weeks ago and am attributing it to lack of sleep...but I would like to know what the Dr. said to you.
Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to Zulpa For This Useful Post:
genakika (09-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
(female)

sarar13 HB User
Re: Sore Eye Muscle with Movement

Hello,

I have had a similar problem in my right eye where I sustained a blunt trauma injury ten years ago. My opthomologist has diagnosed me with iritis (inflammation of the iris). Whenever I have eye pain I see my opthamologist who tells me that my pressure is fine and to do more drops. However, the portion that concerns me is the facial pain (I have that too), I went to see an ENT doctor, who found nothing wrong with my sinuses or my ears. We are now exploring TMJ related issues which I have found to include eye pain, leading to facial pain. TMJ can be aggravated by jaw-clenching (stress...) and teeth grinding in sleep.

I'm trying to figure out the end all solution to my issue as well and I'm hoping some of the research/doctor appointments are helpful to others.

Closed Thread