It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #1
(male)

iCarianThoughT HB User
Question Eye 'white' not so white. Discolored, viens, 'yellowish' why?

Some peoples eye 'whites' (sclera) are just that, pretty white and clear. I'm wondering why mine aren't. I'm not positive if when I was younger it was different but I'm pretty sure they were rather clear when I was in my pre-teens at least.

Is there some natural things I can do to improve their opacity, I find mine to be a bit 'yellowish' in spots with thin red viens (capillaries) showing all the time.

Clear sclera thumbnail example:
*Use your imagination, it seems healthboards censors (***) links to a hassle.

~Input appreciatied.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
(female)

moshpit HB User
Re: Eye 'white' not so white. Discolored, viens, 'yellowish' why?

Mine are al little yellowish / red looking due to minor Pinguecula (sp?) maybe thats it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
(male)

iCarianThoughT HB User

No other comments regarding this? Pinguecula? No I don't think that's it, I mean some people have perfectly clear, white eyes, others have a bit of discoloration. Not sure if I'm getting it across right? Not thinking it's a particular condition, just not as clear as some people's.

~Thanks.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
(female)

NikiJo HB User

Dont think this will be the answer you want but I have a similar problem (not yellowing but they often look red, but I have problems with dry eyes). When I asked my ophthalmologist about the veins etc, he said that to be honest, if you have ruled out any other issues like infection or dryness etc it often just comes down to genetics. You are the way you are. Its a fact that some peoples eyes are naturally just redder than other peoples. Look around while you're out and about, you will see that some people have perfectly white eyes while other looks quite red - yet both their eyes can be heatlhy.

If youre not feeling discomfort of any kind I would really try not to focus on this too much - things could be a lot worse. You mention that youre not sure if your eyes always looked this way, so this may just be normal for you.

You could of course try the redness reliever drops if the redness bothers you that much but these really arent recommended for regular use as there is a strong possibility you could make your eyes look worse - know as 'rebound redness'.

You could also try using a couple of drops of an artificial tear to see if that helps a bit (better suggestions than the above). It is possible that your eyes may be slightly dry without you actually feeling any symptoms.

Do you use the computer alot? Do you wear contacts?

Closed Thread