It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User
Ocular Migraines in both eyes?

Ok, I was pretty sure that what I was dealing with was ocular migraines, the visual disturbance only seemed to be in my left eye, but here recently I have been having more and more episodes involving both eyes, I woke at 7 am to it and at 11 I had yet another instance of it lasting almost an hour.

I am at my wits end.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User
Re: Ocular Migraines in both eyes?

Ok, just got back from the ER (long waits but well worth the time) and was diagnosed with ocular neuritis... does anyone have any histpry with this condition that could fill me in on what to expect?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 06:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User

Do you mean optic neuritis? ON is an inflammation of one, or both, optic nerves. Your symptoms did not fit ON, but did fit ocular/retinal migraine. Perhaps they are coincidental. Anyway, what did the doctor say and what did he prescribe?

Old 10-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User

They did not prescribe anything... my vision never completely cleared after the bout at 11am the other day and I have had a few more... to descripe what I am seeing, everything looks "pixelated'... everything is in dots.. I can make things out but my vision went from 20/15 with glasses to 20/40, and they recomended a neurologist. (I should mention that I have been in the rule in/rule out stage of MS Dx for a few years and have neuropathy in both arms and other symptoms of MS)

(I should also mention that when I went into the ER I told them that I was pretty sure it was ocluar migraines and was acting that way excpet for the fact that my vision did not clear up and go back to normal and I had a history of 'normal' migraines and abdominal migraines)

Old 10-26-2006, 05:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User

Ah, the plot thickens. Optic neuritis is one of the main indicators of MS. I don't know much about ON, but I believe it is usually treated with steroids.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:53 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User

Steriods are sometimes Dx'd for ON, but case studies show that there is no real effect from it and most Dr's just let it run it's course... I will know more when I see the MS Neuro

Closed Thread