It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
(female)

cryingdestiny HB User
Blurred Vision on one side

Alright. Here it goes: ... I have always had good eyesight. Very clear and I got checked way back and its always been good. No eye problems at all. But lately (since I have been straining my eyes a lot) when doing studying and stuff I noticed that I get blurred vission in one eye unless I squint. Anyways ... Its not that blurry ... Its just like if I cover one eye (the good one) the blurry one is hard to focus and I can only see clearly when I squint.

I am such a negative person and I have always had this fear of going blind and my mom told me thats just ridiculous to think that because I probly strained my eyes doing the school work OR if worse comes to worse I will need glasses. Ive made an appointment with my eye doctor for next week.

Do you think I should stop being such a worrier lol? I am driving myself crazy here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
(female)

cryingdestiny HB User
Re: Blurred Vision on one side

Oh and just for the record, I never had any injuries to my eye annnd ... I am only 20 years old. Also ... I noticed I get these really horrible headaches in my eyes sometimes, like right between my nose and they last a very short time then go away. Maybe I suffer from cluster headches or migraines, I dont know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User

Having good eyesight in your childhood is no guarantee that it will stay good. Personally, I don't think a lot of bookwork or computer work has anything to do with it.
You probably need glasses. At least you're having an eye exam, so you'll find out.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
(female)

cryingdestiny HB User

Thanks but its not me going blind right? lol and can I get contact lenses instead?

Old 11-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
(male)

toothbrush1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelaC
Having good eyesight in your childhood is no guarantee that it will stay good. Personally, I don't think a lot of bookwork or computer work has anything to do with it.
You probably need glasses. At least you're having an eye exam, so you'll find out.
Actually environment factors such as bookwork and computer work does factor into developing nearsightedness. The OP's situation is example of it.

Last edited by toothbrush1; 11-12-2006 at 01:46 PM.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
(female)

cryingdestiny HB User

i know cause sometimes my mom experiences it too when she is doing crosswords and really focusing her eyes, Also ... do any of you find that when you cover one eye your other eye is focused but then goes blurry and unfocused like it crosses or something lol

Old 11-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
(female)

cryingdestiny HB User

oh and do u ever notice that ur eyes go blurrier before ur period lol ... this is weird but i kinda notice that ...

Closed Thread