It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

JIW1087 HB User
Question Astigmatism, floaters, and wavy vision

My fiancee has astigmatism and has been diagnosed as having floaters in his eyes. He has moments where he sees waves in his eyes. We know that the floaters can cause this. He has it mainly out of the blue when outside or in a bright area. I have researched and found many different eye disorders but am looking for a specific diagnosis. He also sees tiny flashing spots all the time. He is only 21. I thought maybe he had migraine aura without headache, but he is so young. The eye doctor just told him he has floaters and there's nothing he can do about them. The doctor said he's too young to have any major problems. Is it really just the floaters or could it possibly be something more serious?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User
Re: Astigmatism, floaters, and wavy vision

Twenty-one is certainly not too young for migraines. Over the years on vision boards, I've come across countless people who have the same symptoms. The small flashing spots are often referred to as "visual snow". I think if you do a search for visual snow, you will get a lot of answers. There's another term for the symptoms...I'm not sure if the word is "ectopic" phenomena? Anyway, if the eye doc says his eyes are ok, at age 21 they probably are. (Being significantly nearsighted will make these symptoms worse. Is he myopic, by any chance?)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread