It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

CSense HB User
Is there a cure for Uveitis?

I have been suffering with this condition for almost 14 years. Wow! I am afraid that the medication I'm taking will cause abnormalities in any children I would have. Is there a way I can take herbal supplements and stay away from the steroid ridden eye drops? I have been juicing a lot of carrots hopefully this will help as well.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ThEDaRkLiGht HB User
Re: Is there a cure for Uveitis?

What are your symptoms? Mild or bad?

I'm sorry but some herbal supplements don't really work well I've tried in many other cases with medical problems On myself other people

Hopefully you should stay good and take whatever you want and do eye exercises, Do them and see if they helP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User

CSense: I doubt that the steroids will harm future kids, but there is a real possibly they will harm your eyes. As you know after fourteen years, uveitis is a systemic auto-immune disease. There is a genetic test that can be done (although knowing whether you have a particular gene, or not, isn't going to solve the problem.) Because it's an immune problem, if you wanted to treat it naturally you'd have to do a complete job. As well as the juicing, you'd have to make changes in your diet, perhaps give up meat, sugar--that sort of thing. It would have to be an all-or-nothing experiment. By all means, use herbal remedies or other alternative therapies between flare-ups.
My daughter has had two bouts of iritis. She went to a Chinese herbalist and a masseuse. Since she blamed stress on the flare-ups, the massages benefitted her.
Good luck to you, uveitis is a cr*ppy disease.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:29 AM   #4
(female)

CSense HB User

My Uveitis has been stable so it's pretty mild; however, it's not gone which is what I want. I am beginning to cut things from my diet. It will take a while, but becoming a vegetarian or vegan is not out of the question. I believe this is where I have to go for many of my health issues (i.e. Uveitis, depression, anxiety and fatigue). The frustrating thing about this is that I don't know how this happened and to be stuck with this makes me sad. And, I fear every day that I will wake up and go blind.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

ThEDaRkLiGht HB User

I doubt you'll wake up blind

Before any of that happens, You'll most likely experience a change in your vision
If you have felt any change, Go see your eye doc asap

Well the changes are noticeable, I forgot what will happen but anyways, Good luck with your condition and try not to worry so much, I know it's hard not to worry but just try and relax about it

Closed Thread