It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
(female)

thal HB User
Exclamation HELP: (1 year later) 14 year old: retinal detachment, hole, tear, penetrating injury

My son is seeing his surgeon next month, his injury occurred after a pencil hit his eye, tearing through his cornea to tear and rupture his retina. he has had five surgeries of one sort or another since that time to stabilize his eye and ascertain weather there is any potential for vision. One year later he still has inter ocular pressure of 6 and needs a cornea transplant as well as an artificial iris implanted as his no longer dilates. Has any one gone through this with a child before? any advice out there.
We have to fly to Seattle from Alaska and this involves extra stresses (like the time we took a ferry home after a gas bubble was inserted post retina work)... things we did not think to ask about in-spite of our reading.
Has any one had the False lens/iris inserted below the cornea when it is transplanted.?
Has anyone had the iris implant? Can you suggest good places for me to learn more about penetrating ocular injuries?
Is there ANY suggestions about building eye strength/ pressure. my son's eye pressure being low is a cause for concern and I am so far over my head, I have been trying to research this over the past year and would treasure any advice. (good or bad) Just some search ideas or personal experiences would be of value. Thank YOU

Old 01-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ThEDaRkLiGht HB User
Re: HELP: (1 year later) 14 year old: retinal detachment, hole, tear, penetrating inj

Hi

I'm sure you are the very few in this World that has gone through this with a CHILD/Teenager

Stay strong and positive

Possibly after all is operated and done he may still feel like his eye is bothering him and such, He should go and get regular check ups

Good luck and tell him to take it easy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread