It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

Prestige HB User
I have a stye that needs to be removed

Has anyone had a stye removed surgically? Does it leaves a scar, my stye been on my eye for 5 months and I have to have it surgically drained? I am scared. My stye is on my lower lid

Old 01-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
(male)

chuckcap HB User
Re: I have a stye that needs to be removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Has anyone had a stye removed surgically? Does it leaves a scar, my stye been on my eye for 5 months and I have to have it surgically drained? I am scared. My stye is on my lower lid
I had a internal stye drained about 2 years ago. It's really not painfull but the post healing process is very critical. I had serious boute with stye infections in both eyes for about 2 years. When one healed the other eye would get infected... My guess and blame to this is the new rub free contact cleaners. I never used the recalled stuff, but in general that is the only coincidence in my styes. I also used an eye drop called Tobradex for a long period because the stye kept reoccuring on my right eye. Tobradex is a steriod type solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
(female)

bronte76 HB User
Re: I have a stye that needs to be removed

I had a large chalazion or stye removed over my upper lleft lid years ago surgically. It didn't leave a scar.My Dr. numbed it with a needle and I didn't feel a thing. I wore a patch until the next morning and followed aftercare procedure with antibiotic ointment usually and antibacterial drops. I have to admit the needle stick hurt and scared me more than the removal, but only for a few seconds, but I needed it done. Don't be too scared, you'll feel better. I hope evething works out OK for you.

Last edited by bronte76; 01-31-2007 at 05:38 PM.

Closed Thread